蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲(5)

WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 89670 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post' ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC limit 10

My own journey in life was just beginning.

在生活中,我自己的旅程才刚刚开始。

I hadn’t even applied for college yet at that point.

在那时我还没申请大学。

For you graduates, the process of discovering yourself, of inventing yourself, of reinventing yourself is about to begin in earnest.

对于你们毕业生而言,发现自己,开发自己,改造自己的进程正急不可待。

It’s about finding your values and committing to live by them.

它关乎于找到你生活的价值观并去奉行。

You have to find your North Star. And that means choices.

你必须找到属于你自己的北极星。这意味着需要选择。

Some are easy. Some are hard. And some will make you question everything.

有些很容易,有些却很困难。有些则会让你对一切充满质疑。

Twenty years after my visit to Washington, I met someone who made me question everything.

我访问华盛顿的20年后,我遇到了一位让我质疑一切的人。

Who upended all of my assumptions in the very best way. That was Steve Jobs.

他以最好的方式颠覆了我所有的假设。他就是史蒂夫·乔布斯。

Steve had built a successful company. He had been sent away and he returned to find it in ruins.

史蒂夫曾建立一个成功的公司。他被炒过,然后又临危受命。

He didn’t know it at the time, but he was about to dedicate the rest of his life to rescuing it,

他当时并不知道,他正要用自己的余生去拯救它,

and leading it to heights greater than anyone could ever imagine.

领导它登上无人能想象的高度。

Anyone, that is, except for Steve.

无人能想象,除了史蒂夫。

Most people have forgotten, but in 1997 and early 1998, Apple had been adrift for years. Rudderless.

大多数人已经忘记了,但是在1997年和1998年初,苹果随波逐流了好几年。群龙无首。

But Steve thought Apple could be great again. And he wanted to know if I’d like to help.

但是史蒂夫认为苹果可以再次称霸。他想知道我是否愿意帮助他。

His vision for Apple was a company that turned powerful technology into tools that were easy to use,

他对苹果公司的愿景是将强大的技术变成容易使用的工具,

tools that would help people realize their dreams.

帮助人们实现他们的梦想的工具。

And change the world for the better.

并使这个世界变得更好。

I had studied to be an engineer and earned an M.B.A.

我已经进修成为一个工程师,获得了一个工商管理学硕士学位。

I was trained to be pragmatic, a problem solver.

我被训练成务实、善于解决问题的人。

Now I found myself sitting before and listening to this very animated 40-something guy with visions of changing the world.

如今我发现自己坐在这位四十几岁的充满斗志的男人面前听他讲述着改变世界的愿景。

It was not what I had expected. You see, when it came to my career, in 1998, I was also adrift. Rudderless.

这不是我预期的。你们知道,在我的职业生涯中,在1998年,我也是随波逐流。毫无方向。

苹果CEO库克华盛顿大学致2015毕业生演讲。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据