蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲(3)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 89754 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
My heroes in life were Dr. Martin Luther King, and Robert F. Kennedy,
我生命中的英雄是马丁·路德·金博士和罗伯特·肯尼迪,
who had fought against the very things that Wallace stood for.
他们与华莱士的立场针锋相对。
Keep in mind, that I grew up, or, when I grew up,
你需要知道的是,成长的过程中,
I grew up in a place where King and Kennedy were not exactly held in high esteem.
我是在一个金和肯尼迪并不备受尊敬的地方长大。
When I was a kid, the South was still coming to grips with its history.
当我还是个孩子的时候,南方仍然对其历史紧抓不舍。
My textbooks even said the Civil War was about states’ rights. They barely mentioned slavery.
我的课本里甚至说内战关乎国家权利。它们几乎没有提及奴隶制。
So I had to figure out for myself what was right and true.
所以我不得不为自己找出什么是正确的和真实的。
It was a search. It was a process.
这是一种找寻,一个过程。
It drew on the moral sense that I’d learned from my parents, and in church, and in my own heart,
它汲取了我从我的父母、教堂和在我的内心习得的道德观念,
and led me on my own journey of discovery.
引领我走上了自己的发现之旅。
I found books in the public library that they probably didn’t know they had.
我发现了一些在公共图书馆可能不为人知的书。
They all pointed to the fact that Wallace was wrong.
它们都指出了一个事实:华莱士是错误的。
That injustices like segregation had no place in our world. That equality is a right.
在我们的世界不应存在不公和种族隔离。平等是一种权利。
As I said, I was only 16 when I met Governor Wallace, so I shook his hand as we were expected to do.
就像我说的,我遇见华莱士州长的时候只有16岁,所以我按照期望的那样与他握了手。
But shaking his hand felt like a betrayal of my own beliefs.
但是与他握手感觉像是背叛了自己的信仰。
It felt wrong. Like I was selling a piece of my soul.
那感觉很不对劲。就像出卖了一部分自己的灵魂。
苹果CEO库克华盛顿大学致2015毕业生演讲。