TED演讲:我们不要一成不变的教育(4)

You know, I always wonder, who makes up those rules?

我一直都挺郁闷的,到底是谁制定这样的臭规定啊?

For years I went to — Look, I went the Harvard Ed School. I thought I knew something.

多年以来,我一直会去哈佛的Ed学校。我想我还是了解一些情况的。

They said it was the agrarian calendar, and people had — but let me tell you why that doesn’t make sense.

他们说,这样规定是因为农时的问题,人们…但让我来告诉你,为什么这种说法站不住脚。

I never got that. I never got that, because anyone knows if you farm, you don’t plant crops in July and August.

我从来不相信这些鬼话,因为,人所共知,如果你务过农,你不会在七、八月份播种的。

You plant them in the spring. So who came up with this idea? Who owns it? Why did we ever do it?

你应该在春天播种。那是谁想到这样的借口的呢?始作俑者是谁呢?我们以前为什么一直这样做了呢?

Well it just turns out in the 1840s we did have, schools were open all year.

事实上,在19世纪40年代,我们确实还有全年上课的学校的。

They were open all year, because we had a lot of folks who had to work all day.

这些学校整年都在上课,这是因为我们有太多的人要整天工作,

They didn’t have any place for their kids to go. It was a perfect place to have schools.

他们又没有地方安置自己的孩子。而学校是一个最合适不过的地方。

So this is not something that is ordained from the education gods.

所以,这并不是什么教育圣人定的金科玉律。

So why don’t we? Why don’t we? Because our business has refused to use science. Science.

所以,我们为什么不可以做一下变通?为什么不呢?因为我们这个行业拒绝运用科学。拒绝科学!

You have Bill Gates coming out and saying, “Look, this works, right? We can do this.”

我们来听听比尔·盖茨是怎么说的,“看,这真的管用,是吧?我们可以这样做。”

How many places in America are going to change? None. None.

在美国会有多少地方会改变这种现行的教育制度呢?一个也没有。没有。

Okay, yeah, there are two. All right?

好吧!可我真见过两个,信不?

Yes, there’ll be some place, because some folks will do the right thing.

对,在某一个地方会有这种事,因为有些人会做正确的事。

As a profession, we have to stop this. The science is clear.

作为教育工作者,我们必须停止这样做。科学是很清晰的。

为什么,为什么我们的教育系统看起来和50年前的没什么两样呢?当时,成百上千万的学生学无所成,今天的学生的学业成绩也好不到哪里去,而这是我们一直都墨守住那没用的教育成规,拒绝改革之固。教育改革家Geoffrey Canada博士大胆提出我们要在教育评价的数据利用、考虑学生的发展方面作出一些教育体制的转变,以惠及更多的学生。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据