TED演讲之入门 用前所未有的好方法诠释数字统计(10)
Some countries accept that their databases can go out on the world,
少数联合国机构和几个国家已经开放了数据库,
but what we really need is, of course, a search function.
但我们最需要的是数据搜索引擎。
A search function where we can copy the data up to a searchable format and get it out in the world.
依靠搜索引擎,我们先把原始数据复制成可搜索的格式,再把数据发布到全世界。
And what do we hear when we go around? I’ve done anthropology on the main statistical units.
外界对这个设想的反应如何呢?我尝试跟几个大型统计机构交涉。
Everyone says, “It’s impossible. This can’t be done.
所有人都说:“这是不可能的。这行不通。
Our information is so peculiar in detail, so that cannot be searched as others can be searched.
我们的信息很独特,不可能像其它数据那样检索的出来。
We cannot give the data free to the students, free to the entrepreneurs of the world.”
我们也不能免费把数据开放给全世界的学生们和企业部门使用。”
But this is what we would like to see, isn’t it? The publicly-funded data is down here.
但这正是我们期望看到的,不是吗?下边是公众资助采集的数据。
And we would like flowers to grow out on the Net.
我们希望互联网上长出美丽的花朵。
And one of the crucial points is to make them searchable,
关键的一步是让这些数据可被搜索到,
and then people can use the different design tool to animate it there.
并借助软件实现动画的演示。
And I have pretty good news for you.
我有个很好的消息要告诉大家。
I have good news that the present, new Head of U.N. Statistics, he doesn’t say it’s impossible.
新上任的联合国统计部门的领导并没有说这是不可能的。
He only says, “We can’t do it.” And that’s a quite clever guy, huh?
他只说:“我们不能这么做。”他很聪明吧?
So we can see a lot happening in data in the coming years.
未来几年中,我们将会看到数据库的变化。
We will be able to look at income distributions in completely new ways.
我们会用全新的视角来看收入的分配。
This is the income distribution of China, 1970. This is the income distribution of the United States, 1970.
这是1970年中国的收入分配。这是1970年美国的收入分配。
Almost no overlap. And what has happened?
几乎没有重叠。后来呢?
What has happened is this: that China is growing, it’s not so equal any longer,
中国在增长,再也不像以前那样平等了,
and it’s appearing here, overlooking the United States. Almost like a ghost, isn’t it?
它出现在右边,俯视着美国,是不是像个鬼一样?
演讲简介:
你肯定没有看过这样的数据演示。如解说体育比赛实况一般的生动与紧张,统计大师汉斯·罗斯林将颠覆所谓“发展中国家”这一理念。