美文阅读 (334)老师们温暖人心的时刻

When I was in elementary school, I was very sick

小学的时候我身体很差,

in and out of the hospital every few months and I was in for about a week at a time.

隔几个月就要进趟医院。有次我在医院住了一个星期。

Every time I was admitted to the hospital,

每次我住院的时候,

my kindergarten teacher would make sure she would come and visit me and bring me a stuffed animal.

我的幼儿园老师都会来看我,还会送我一只毛绒玩具。

Even after I had moved into middle school she never failed to come to check on me.

直到我升入中学,她仍坚持来探望我。

My AP English Literature teacher senior year of high school wrote everyone in the class a personalized letter at the end of the year,

我高三的英国文学大学先修课老师在毕业那年给我们每个人写了一封信,

which he gave us on the last day of school.

在高中的最后一天交给了我们。

What he wrote in mine was so kind and personal that I cried reading it.

他写给我的那些话是如此友善和亲切,我看哭了。

Senior year, for me, was really bad,

高三对我来说是糟糕的一年,

and the kind things he said about me in my letter made me believe life could be worth living,

他信里那些充满善意的话让我相信人生是值得的,

and that maybe not everybody hates me.

而且也许并不是人人都讨厌我。

Our new math teacher for year 11 was horrified at how little we'd learnt from our previous teacher.

十一年级时新来了一位数学老师,她发现我们之前学得太差了。

We weren't going to pass our GCSE exams.

根本通不过会考。

She did her best in term time and then held workshops in the school holidays for those of us who wanted them.

于是她在课堂上尽最大努力帮助我们提高,课后还为愿意参加的同学辅导。

I passed my goddamn exam, and Mrs. Cook called me and all of my classmates to congratulate us.

我总算通过了考试,库克小姐给我和其他同学每人打了电话,恭喜我们通过考试。

It makes me tear up thinking about it, she was amazing.

每次想起来,我都感动得热泪盈眶,她太棒了。

When I was in third grade my father died unexpectedly of a heart attack. It happened late at night.

三年级的时候,父亲心脏病发作意外去世了。事发的时候是大半夜。

My teacher Mrs. Baugh showed up to the hospital at three in the morning to comfort me.

我的老师鲍夫人凌晨三点来到医院安慰我。

My high school history teacher,

那天,我的高中历史老师

who I only had in ninth grade, pulled me aside my junior year to ask if everything was okay.

把我从高二的学生里拉了出来,问我是不是有事。

He was the only one who was able to tell I was depressed.

他是唯一一个看出我很沮丧的人。

That day I was planning on committing suicide. I didn't go home and gave up the attempt.

那天我准备自杀,后来我没有回家,放弃了自杀的念头。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据