美文阅读 (399)一位母亲的祈祷

A Parent's Prayer — David Axton

一位母亲的祈祷–大卫·阿克斯顿

Now I lay me down to sleep

现在我要躺下睡觉

I pray my sanity to keep

我祈祷我通情达理明智如一

For if some peace I do not find

因为一旦我无法心平气和

I'm pretty sure, I'll lose my mind

我笃定我一定会失去理智

I pray I find a little quiet

我希望我可以找寻一片净土

Far from the daily family riot

远离生活家庭琐事

May I lie back and not have to think

躺在那里不用去想

About what they're stuffing down the sink

孩子们又在拿什么填堵水槽

Or who they're with, or where they're at

跟谁在一起或是在哪里

And what they're doing to the cat

或者又在怎么玩弄猫咪

I pray for time all to myself

我想时间都属于我

(did something just fall off a shelf? )

(刚才有东西从架子上摔落嘛?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed

缩在我这温暖柔软的被窝里

(Oh no, another goldfish–dead! )

(我的妈呀!又死了一条金鱼?)

Some silent moments for goodness sake

上帝让我安静的躺一会儿吧

(Did I just hear a window break? )

(我刚才是听到窗户玻璃碎的声音吗?)

And that I need not cook or clean

不用做饭洗衣

(well heck, I've got the right to dream)

(奇了怪了,我也曾有做梦的权利啊)

Yes, now I lay me down to sleep

对,我现在要躺下睡觉了

I pray my wits about me keep

多希望我智慧如初

But as I look around I know

可是环顾四周我知道

I must have lost them long ago!

我早就丢失了智慧

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据