朗读英语美文(74)致橡树

If I love you,

我如果爱你

I won't wind upon you like a trumpet creeper,

绝不像攀援的凌霄花,

upvalue myself by your height.

借你的高枝炫耀自己。

If I love you,

我如果爱你,

I will never follow a spoony bird,

绝不学痴情的鸟儿,

repeating the monotone song for the green shade;

为绿荫重复单调的歌曲。

not only like a spring head,

也不止像泉源,

brings you clean coolness whole year long;

常年送来清凉的慰籍。

not only like a steepy peak

也不止像险峰,

enhances your height,

sets off your straightness,

增加你的高度,

衬托你的威仪,

even sunshine

甚至日光。

and spring rain.

甚至春雨。

No, all these are not enough!

不,这些都还不够!

I must be a ceiba by your side

我必须是你近旁的一株木棉,

as a tree standing together with you.

做为树的形象和你站在一起。

our roots melt underneath,

根,紧握在地下,

our leaves merge in clouds,

叶,相触在云里。

when wind breezes,

每一阵风过,

we greet each other.

我们都互相致意。

but no one

但没有人

can understand our peculiar words.

听懂我们的言语。

you have your strong stem and branches,

你有你的铜枝铁干

like knives and swords

像刀,像剑,

and like halberds.

也像戟。

I have my red ample flowers,

我有我的红硕花朵,

like heavy sighs

像沉重的叹息,

and heroic torches as well.

又像英勇的火炬。

we partake cold tide,

thunder storm,firebolt,

我们分担寒潮、风雷、霹雳,

together we share brume,

flowing mist,rainbow

我们共享雾霭、流岚、虹霓。

as if we separate all the time,

仿佛永远分离,

actually we forever rely on each other.

却又终身相依。

This is great love.

这才是伟大的爱情。

Loyalty lives here.

坚贞就在这里:

LOVE

Not only your giant body,

不仅爱你伟岸的身躯,

but also the position you stand,

the earth under your feet.

也爱你坚持的位置,脚下的土地。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据