天真与经验之歌:第18篇 一个梦

A Dream

一个梦

Once a dream did weave a shade

一次一个梦织成一片浓阴

O’er my angel-guarded bed,

笼罩在我那有天使守护的床顶,

That an emmet lost its way

我想我是躺在草地上

Where on grass methought I lay.

有一只蚂蚁迷失了方向。

Troubled, wildered, and forlorn,

困惑,茫然,凄凄惨惨,

Dark, benighted, travel-worn,

天色已晚,走得疲乏不堪,

Over many a tangled spray,

有一捆捆树枝纵横交错,

All heart-broke, I heard her say:

全然心碎,我听见她说。

‘O my children! do they cry,

啊,我的孩子们!他们可在哭泣,

Do they hear their father sigh?

他们可听见他们的父亲在叹息。

Now they look abroad to see,

一会儿他们跑到外面眺望,

Now return and weep for me.’

一会儿又回来为我悲伤。

Pitying, I dropped a tear:

我落下一滴泪出于怜悯,

But I saw a glow-worm near,

但是我看见一个萤火虫走近,

Who replied, ‘What wailing wight

它答腔,是那个家伙在号啕,

Calls the watchman of the night?’

把我这个守夜者给唤来了。

‘I am set to light the ground,

我就要照亮这地面,

While the beetle goes his round:

这时甲虫开始到处转;

Follow now the beetle’s hum;

现在跟着甲虫的嗡嗡声走吧,

Little wanderer, hie thee home!’

小流浪者,你快快赶回家。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据