天真与经验之歌:第26篇 扫烟囱的孩子

The Chimney-sweeper

扫烟囱的孩子

A little black thing among the snow,

雪地里有一个黑黑的小东西:

Crying! ‘weep! weep!’ in notes of woe!

叫喊着扫呀,扫呀,哭哭啼啼!

‘Where are thy father and mother? Say!’—

喂!你的爸爸妈妈都哪儿去了?

‘They are both gone up to the church to pray.

他们都到礼拜堂去做祷告。

‘Because I was happy upon the heath,

因为我在荒原上本来很欢畅,

And smiled among the winter’s snow,

而且在冬天的大雪里微笑:

They clothed me in the clothes of death,

他们给我穿上了丧服似的衣裳。

And taught me to sing the notes of woe.

又教我唱起这悲伤的曲调。

‘And because I am happy and dance and sing,

因为我快活,又跳又唱,

They think they have done me no injury,

他们就以为对我毫无损伤:

And are gone to praise God and His priest and king,

就去赞美上帝与他的牧师和国王,

Who made up a heaven of our misery.’

这一伙把我们的苦难硬说是天堂。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据