美文阅读 (91)做你自己
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
在嘈杂和匆忙中,平静地前行吧,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
也别忘了在寂静中,能找到多好的安宁。
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
可以的话,尽量不放弃原则而与所有人和睦相处。
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others,
细语清晰地说出你的肺腑之言,也聆听别人的说话,
even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
别人的话纵然又枯燥又无知,总会有他们的故事。
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
避开大声说话和好斗的人;他们是扰乱心性的人。
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
不要跟其他人比较,否则可能变得虚荣自负或忿忿不平,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
因为一定有人比你伟大,也一定有人比你渺小。
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
享受计划,也享受成就。
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
无论自己的事业有多卑微,维持对它的兴趣;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
在一生多变的命运中,它是你真正拥有的东西。
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
谨慎处理生意,因为这世界充斥着欺诈。
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
但是,不要因此而看不见人间美德;
many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
很多人为崇高理想而奋斗,生命到处都有英勇的事迹。
Be yourself.
做你自己。
Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love;
尤其不要虚情假意。但也不要把爱视为虚伪;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
因为尽管生命有时枯燥乏味、有时令人迷醉,
it is as perennial as the grass.
爱,却如青草般日久常在。
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
不轻视因年老而获得的阅历,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
并得体地舍弃年轻时拥有的东西。
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
培育心灵上的力量,以面对突然而来的不幸。
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
但不要杞人忧天以致心神不宁。
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
众多的恐惧,源自疲乏和孤独。
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
要既不踰矩,又善待自己。
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
你是宇宙的孩子,身份不次于树木和星星;
you have a right to be here.
身处这里是你的权利。
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
不管你是否明白它的奥秘,毫无疑问宇宙在按其规律展现自己。
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
因此,不管在你心中宇宙是什么模样,和他和睦相处吧。
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
也不管你怎样劳累和胸怀大志,在生命的烦嚣和困惑中,要保持心灵上的安宁。
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
不管经历了多少伪善、苦役、和破碎的梦,世界依然是美丽的。
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
要保持轻松开朗。要努力让自己快乐。