爱驻我心 (9)世界上最辛苦的工作

Just give me one second. Sure! Hey. Two minutes, thank you. Hi, good afternoon. Sorry about that.

等我一下。没问题!嘿。两分钟,谢谢你。嗨,午安。真是不好意思。

Hi, nice to meet you. Nice to meet you as well. Have you ever done one of these interviews over the camera before? No!

嗨,很高兴认识你。我也很开心认识你。你以前曾在摄影机前进行过任何这种面试吗?没有!

Let me tell you a little bit about the job to get started with.

让我首先来告诉你一点点关于这份工作的内容。

It's not just a job. It's sort of probably the most important job.

这不只是一份工作。这也许有点是最重要的工作。

The title that we have going right now is Director of Operations, but it's really kind of so much more than that.

我们现在给的职称是营运总监,但它其实好像比那职称多出更多。

Responsibilities and requirements are really quite extensive.

职责和条件是真的非常广泛。

First category for the requirements would be mobility.

工作条件的第一类会是机动性。

This job requires that you must be able to work standing up most or really all of the time constantly on your feet, constantly bending over, constantly exerting yourself a high level of stamina. Okay.

这份工作需要你必须能够在几乎或是实际上所有时间都站着工作,持续站着,一直弯腰,不断运用你自己最高度的精力。好的。

That's a lot. For how many, like, for how many hours?

那很多。要多少,像是要几个小时?

A hundred and thirty five hours to unlimited hours a week, it's basically twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

一周从135小时到无限时不等,基本上是一天24小时,一周七天。

I'm sure you'll have a chance from time to time to maybe just sit down here and there, yeah?

我相信你偶尔会有机会,也许是四处坐下,对吧?

You mean like a break? Yeah. No, there are no breaks available.

你是说像是休息吗?是的。没有,没有休息时间。

Is that even legal? Yeah, of course, yeah. Okay. So like, no lunch? You can have lunch, but only when the associate is done eating their lunch.

这究竟合法吗?当然合法,是的。好。所以像是,沒有午餐?你可以吃午餐,但只有当合伙人用完午餐后才能吃。

I think that's a little intense.

我觉得这有点太辛苦了。

No, that's crazy.

不,那很疯狂。

Now this position requires excellent negotiation and interpersonal skill. We're really looking for someone that might have a degree in medicine, in finance and the culinary arts.

现在这个职位需要绝佳的协商及人际关系技能。我们非常期待某位也许有医学、金融、及厨艺学位的人。

You must be able to wear several hats. The associate needs constant attention.

你必须要能够身兼多职。合伙人需要持续的关注。

Sometimes they have to stay up with an associate throughout the night. You need to be able to work in a chaotic environment.

有时他们必须要和合伙人一起彻夜不休。你需要能够在杂乱的环境下工作。

If you had a life, we'd ask you to sort of give that life up. No vacations. In fact, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and holidays, the workload is gonna go up.

如果你有自己的生活,我们会要求你有点像是放弃那种生活。没有假期。事实上,感恩节、圣诞节、新年、和假期期间,工作份量会增加。

And we demand that with a happy disposition.

我们要求带着开心的态度做那工作。

That's almost cruel. That's almost a very very sick, twisted joke.

那几乎是残忍的。那几乎是一个非常非常病态、疯狂的玩笑。

But when is the time to sleep or…Oh, no time to sleep. Yeah, all encompassing almost. That's exactly right.

但睡觉时间是什么时候,没时间睡觉。是啊,几乎全都包了。完全正确。

Three hundred and sixty five days a year? Yes. No! That's inhumane. That's very insane.

一年365天?对。不!那很不人道。非常荒唐。

The meaningful connections that you make, and the feeling that you get for helping your associate are immeasurable.

因为帮助你的合伙人建立的重要连结以及你得到的感受是无法计量的。

Also, let's cover the salary. The position is gonna pay absolutely nothing. Excuse me?

还有,来谈谈薪水。这个职位将完全不会支付任何东西。请再说一遍?

No! Nobody will do that for free. It's crazy! Yeah, pro bono. Completely for free. No!

不!没人会免费做这种工作。太疯狂了!-是的,免费慈善服务。完全免费。不!

What if I told you that there's someone that, actually, currently holds this position right now?

如果我告诉你有某个人,实际上,目前正在这个职位上呢?

Billions of people actually. Who? Moms. Yeah. Yeah! Moms. That's awesome. Yeah!

事实上有数十亿人。谁?妈妈们。对。是的!妈妈们。这很棒。是啊!

And they meet every requirement, don't they?

她们符合每个需求,对吧?

Oh, my God! Moms are the best.

我的天!妈妈们是最棒的。

Yes, no pay, they're 24 hours, they're always there.

是的,没有薪水、她们24小时待命、她们总是在那儿。

Now I'm thinking about my mom.

现在我在想我妈妈。

Yeah, and what are you thinking about her? I'm thinking about all those nights and everything.

你在想妈妈的什么事?我在想所有那些夜晚和所有事。

Thank you so much for everything you do. I know it doesn't seem like I appreciate all of it but I definitely do.

非常谢谢你所做的一切。我知道我看起来不像有感激所有的事,但我确实很感激。

So, mom, I wanna say thank you for everything that you've done. I love you very much. You've been there through thick and thin.

所以,妈,我想要说谢谢你所做的一切。我非常爱你。在任何情况下你一直都在那儿。

My mom is just awesome. She is awesome.

我的妈妈就是很棒。她很棒。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据