爱驻我心 (31)无言的父爱

Many years ago, a baby boy came into this world.

很多年前,一个男婴来到了这个世界。

But unfortunately, he didn't come with a cry, which was a big problem from the medical point of view.

但遗憾的是,他没有“呱呱落地”,从医学角度来说,这是一个很大的问题!

The doctor, tough and quick, turned the baby upside down and slapped his bottom sharply.

好在医生当时反应很快,也很强悍,一下子把男婴倒提起来,对着屁股一阵狂打。

The baby cried, and he survived.

男婴终于哭了,脱离了生命危险。

At that moment, the father yelled at the doctor, "Why did you hit my baby?"

在那一刻,父亲对着医生吼道,“你为什么打我的孩子啊?”

He did not realize that the doctor had saved the baby's life.

他并没有意识到医生救了这孩子的命。

The baby cried and cried, and the father smiled and silently cried as well.

男婴不停地哭着闹着,这位父亲面带微笑,默默地流着幸福的眼泪。

He held the baby in his arms and did not allow the doctor to touch the baby anymore.

他把婴儿紧紧地抱在怀里,再也没有让医生碰一下。

Contest chair, ladies and gentlemen, that baby was me, and that man was my dad.

大会主持人,女士们先生们,那个婴儿就是我,那个男人就是我老爸。

Whenever my mom told people this story, I would always laugh aloud, and my dad would just shake his head and smile quietly.

每当妈妈告诉别人这个故事时,我总会放声大笑,而老爸则一边摇头一边默默地微笑。

Dad never tried to hug or kiss me when I was a child.

在我很小的时候,老爸从来不抱我,也从来不亲吻我。

And of course, he never said "I love you" to me, either.

当然,他也从来不说“我爱你”这三个字。

Maybe it's a Chinese cultural thing, or maybe that's the way my dad was.

也许这是中国文化的问题,也许老爸就是这种人。

But whenever I felt defeated, sad or lonely, dad was always there.

但每当我受挫,伤心或孤独无助时,老爸总会在那里。

Dad was a man of few words, but I always liked to talk to him, and I could always feel a very special connection to him.

他话不多,但我总喜欢有什么话都对他说,我总能感到和他之间那种无法言喻的特殊关系。

As I got older, I had a huge crush on a girl.

等大一些的时候,我疯狂地爱上了一个女孩子。

She was tall and beautiful, with long hair.

她又高又漂亮,还有一头长发。

One day, I walked up to her and blurted out, "you are so beautiful baby. I love you so much. Please be my wife!"

有一天,我终于忍不住了,走到她面前脱口而出:“亲爱的,你太漂亮了!我太爱你了!请你做我老婆吧!”

She was afraid and ran away with tears in her eyes.

没想到她被吓坏了,抹着眼泪跑开了,然后就告诉了老师。

She told my teacher, and my teacher was so angry that she made me stay after school, and called my dad to take me home.

老师很生气,放学后没让我回家,并给老爸打电话,让他过来领人。

My first love was over, and that year I was 7 years old.

我的初恋就这样夭折了,那年我七岁。

On the way home, dad was very quiet.

回家的路上,老爸非常沉默。

It seemed that nothing had happened.

好像什么事都没发生。

Finally I broke the silence and asked him, "Daddy, did I do something wrong?"

最后我打破了沉默,问道:“爸爸,我做错什么了吗?”

Dad paused for a while as he always did and said quietly, "Son, you did nothing wrong, except that it's too early for you to pursue girls."

和往常一样,老爸沉默了一下,平静地说道:“儿子,你没做错什么,只是你这个年龄追女孩子还太早。”

"Daddy, do you think I could marry a tall and beautiful girl with long hair when I grow up?" I asked.

“爸爸,你觉得我长大了以后,能娶一个又高又漂亮,头发很长的老婆吗?”我又问道。

Dad gave me one of his rare laughs and said, "Of course you could. You are so handsome! Just like your handsome father."

老爸听了,难得地大笑了一下,说:“当然能了!你那么帅!跟你老爸一样帅!”

For the first time, I realized that dad had a sense of humor, although he was always quiet.

我第一次感觉到,老爸虽然话不多,但还是有幽默感的。

When I was in high school, dad retired and set up a food stand on the street near my school.

等我上高中的时候,老爸退休了,在离我学校不远的街边摆起了面摊儿。

Dad was very good at making fried noodles, and a lot of people liked his noodles.

老爸很擅长做炒面,当时很多人都很喜欢他做的面。

Every day when I finished school, my classmates and I would pass his food stand.

每天放学回家,我和同学们都要路过老爸的面摊。

But I really hated talking to dad in front of his food stand, because I did not want my classmates to know that my dad was selling noodles on the street!

但那时候,我真的不喜欢站在小吃摊前和他说话,因为我不想让同学们知道我有一个在大街上摆摊卖面条的老爸。

One night, I couldn't stand it any more and shouted, "Dad, could you stop selling your stupid noodles? I don't need a father who sells noodles on the street!"

一天晚上,我再也忍不住了,朝老爸吼道:“爸爸,你能不能不再去卖面条?我不需要一个在大街上卖面条的父亲!”

At that moment, dad was shocked.

在那一刻,老爸惊呆了。

He tried to say something but didn't.

他想要说点什么,但最终没有说。

When he turned his head away, something happened that I had never seen and would never forget for the rest of my life.

当他扭过头的时候,发生了一件事,我还从来没有见过这样的状况,我想我一辈子也不会忘记。

His eyes were filled with tears and sadness.

他的眼里充满了泪水和哀伤。

It was the first time that I saw dad crying.

这是我第一次看到老爸流泪。

My mom later told me that dad was selling noodles to save money for my college education.

后来妈妈告诉我,老爸摆摊卖面条是在为我上大学攒学费。

I was such an idiot, and even today I still feel guilty for that night.

我简直是个白痴!即使今天,我仍然为那天晚上的所作所为而感到内疚。

Time really flies.

时间飞逝。

I finished college and then left my home city.

大学毕业后我就离开了我的家乡。

For the past ten years, whenever I've visited home, dad was always there meeting me and seeing me off quietly at the railway station.

在过去的十年中,每当我回老家,老爸总会默默地在火车站接我然后再送我。

Whenever he saw me off, he never tried to hug me or touch me, although I always expected a father's hug.

每当他在车站送我时,他从来不会拥抱我,也从来不会碰我一下,虽然我总是期待他能抱我一下。

When I was away from home, dad never wrote or called me, but he always pushed my mom to call me.

当我远在他乡时,老爸从来不写信给我,也从来不给我打电话,但他总是会催妈妈给我打电话。

Whenever mom was calling me, dad would sit beside her with a list of questions.

每当妈妈给我打电话时,老爸就会坐在她身边,准备好一系列问题。

He would instruct mom to talk to me for him.

然后让妈妈帮他传话。

That's the way dad is, and that's how dad shows his love to me.

老爸就是这样的,这就是他表达爱的方式。

I was married three years ago.

三年前我结婚了。

Dad was very happy for me.

老爸很为我感到高兴。

And now he likes to tell people that his daughter-in-law is tall and beautiful, with long hair.

现在他喜欢告诉别人,他的儿媳妇又高又漂亮,还留着一头长发。

Dad is still quiet, but I still feel a connection.

老爸还是话不多,但我仍能感到和他之间的那种特殊的密切关系。

Ladies and gentlemen, when a connection is deep and powerful, it lives in a place far beyond words, and it becomes something special—"a silent father's love."

女士们,先生们,当这种关系变得如此深厚,如此强烈时,它会根植于某处,再也无法用语言表达;它会变成一种特殊的情感——“无言的父爱”。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据