双语美文之似水流年 (7)雨雪时候的星辰

Stars on a Snowy Night

雨雪时候的星辰

The thermometer had dropped to 18 degrees below zero, but still chose to sleep in the porch as usual.

寒暑表降到冰点下十八度的时候,我们也是在廊下睡觉。

In the evening, the most familiar sight to me would be stars in the sky.

每夜最熟识的就是天上的星辰了。

Though they were a mere sprinkle of twinkling dots, yet I had become so accustomed to them that their occasional absence would bring me loneliness and ennui.

也不过是点点闪烁的光明,而相看惯了,偶然不见,也有些想望与无聊。

It had been snowing all night, not a single star in sight.

连夜雨雪,一点星光都看不见。

My roommate and I, each wrapped in a quilt, were seated far apart in a different corner of the porch, facing each other and chatting away.

荷和我拥衾对坐,在廊子的两角,遥遥谈话。

She exclaimed pointing to something afar, Look, Venus in rising!

荷指着说:你看维纳斯升起来了!

I looked up and saw nothing but a lamp round the bend in a mountain path.

我抬头望时,却是山路转折处的路灯。

I beamed and said pointing to a tiny lamplight on the opposite mountain, It's Jupiter over there!

我怡然一笑,也指着对山的一星灯火说:那边是丘比特呢!

More and more lights came into sight as we kept pointing here and there. Lights from hurricane lamps flickering about in the pine forest created the scene of a star-studded sky.

愈指愈多。松林中射来零乱的风灯,都成了满天星宿。

With the distinction between sky and forest obscured by snowflakes, the numerous lamp-lights now easily passed for as many stars.

真的,雪花隙里,看不出来天空和森林的界限,将繁灯当作繁星,简直是抵得过。

Completely lost in a make-believe world, I seemed to see all the lamplights drifting from the ground.

一念至诚的将假作真,灯光似乎都从地上飘起。

With the illusory stars hanging still overhead, I was spared the effort of tracing their positions when I woke up from my dreams in the dead of night.

这幻成的星光,都不移动,不必半夜梦醒时,再去追寻他们的位置。

Thus I found consolation even on a lonely snowy night !

于是雨雪寂寞之夜,也有了慰安了!

冰心

冰心(1900-1999)原名谢婉莹,福建长乐人 ,中国诗人、作家、翻译家、儿童文学家、社会活动家。

1900年10月5日出生于福州一个海军军官家庭。[1]1919年8月的《晨报》上,冰心发表第一篇散文《二十一日听审的感想》和第一篇小说《两个家庭》。后者第一次使用了冰心这个笔名。

1923年出国留学前后,开始陆续发表总名为《寄小读者》的通讯散文,成为中国儿童文学的奠基之作。[1]1926年回国,先后在燕京大学、清华大学女子文理学院任教。抗日战争期间,以男士为笔名,写了一组以妇女为题材的散文,结集为《关于女人》。

1946年被东京大学聘为第一位外籍女教授,讲授中国新文学课程。1951年回国。

1999年2月28日21时冰心在北京医院逝世,享年99岁。

1.thermometer n.温度计;体温表

Also make sure your thermometer is functioning properly.

还有就是确保温度计可以正常使用。

Use a light-colored stainless steel or enamel saucepan and a candy thermometer.

使用浅颜色的不锈钢或搪瓷锅和一支用来煮糖果的温度计。

2.sprinkle v.洒,撒;把液体或颗粒洒在

Add potato pieces and sprinkle them with caraway seeds.

加入切好的土豆,撒上葛缕子籽。

Sprinkle a thick layer of borax over the stain.

向污渍上面洒一层厚厚的硼砂。

3.porch n.门廊;游廊,走廊

A walkie-talkie on the porch rail chirped.

一个门廊上轨对讲机啁啾。

We are likely to be on a porch.

我们很可能在一个走廊那。

4.hurricane n.飓风,十二级风

Hurricane isaac is fixed near the southeast louisiana coast.

飓风isaac目前正在接近路易斯安那州东南风向海岸。

But can the euro withstand today's hurricane?

但在暴风骤雨的现今,欧元还能屹立不倒吗?

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据