英文欣赏之人生感悟 (47)奥普拉斯坦福大学毕业典礼演讲
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 93798 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
So, how do I define success?
那么我是如何定义成功的呢?
Let me tell you, money’s pretty nice.
让我告诉你,钱很美好。
I’m not going to stand up here and tell you that it’s not about money,’cause money is very nice.
我不会告诉你们成功与钱无关,因为钱是好东西。
I like money.
我喜欢钱。
It’s good for buying things.
它能买东西。
But having a lot of money does not automatically make you a successful person.
但是拥有很多钱并不能使你自然而然的成为一个成功者。
What you want is money and meaning.
你想要的是钱和意义。
You want your work to be meaningful.
你想你的工作更有意义。
Because meaning is what brings the real richness to your life.
因为有意义使你的生活更加充实。
What you really want is to be surrounded by people you trust and treasure and by people who cherish you.
你所希望得到的是被信任你珍视你的人包围。
That’s when you’re really rich.
这才是你真正富有的时候。
So, lesson one, follow your feelings.
因此,第一个经验,随心而走。
If it feels right, move forward.
如果感觉对了,就继续前进。
If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it.
如果感觉不对,就不要做了。
Now I want to talk a little bit about failings,because nobody’s journey is seamless or smooth.
现在我想谈谈失败。没有人他的一生是一帆风顺的。
We all stumble. We all have setbacks.
我们都会遇到困难,受到挫折。
If things go wrong, you hit a dead end-as you will-it’s just life’s way of saying time to change course.
如果事情出错了,你进入了死胡同,这正是生活在告诉你是时候改变了。
So, ask every failure-this is what I do every failure, every crisis, every difficult time-I say, what is this here to teach me?
所以,每当遇到困难和危机时,我都会问它教会了我什么?
And as soon as you get the lesson, you get to move on.
只要你吸取了教训,你就会继续前进。
If you really get the lesson,you pass and you don’t have to repeat the class.
如果你真正吸取了教训,你就会顺利通过考验,不用再取经受失败了。
If you don’t get the lesson,it shows up wearing another pair of pants-or skirt-to give you some remedial work.
如果你没有吸取教训,它会以另外一种形式给出现在你面前并给你一些补救。
And what I’ve found is that difficulties come when you don’t pay attention to life’s whisper,because life always whispers to you first.
我注意到当你没有仔细对待生活的细节时,困难就会出现。因为生活总是提前低声的告戒你。
And if you ignore the whisper,sooner or later you’ll get a scream.
如果你忽视了这个低声的告诫,过不了多久你就会得到一个惊声尖叫,
Whatever you resist persists.
无论你怎样反抗。
But, if you ask the right question-not why is this happening,but what is this here to teach me?
但是如果你不去想为什困难会发生,而是去反思困难会教给我什么时,
What is this here to teach me?
困难会教给我什么?
It puts you in the place and space to get the lesson you need.
你就会学到你需要的东西。
My friend Eckhart Tolle,who’s written this wonderful book called A New Earth that’s all about letting the awareness of who you are stimulate everything that you do,he puts it like this:
我的朋友Eckhart Tolle。他写了一本非常棒的书,名叫A New Earth。这本书就是关于让你的意识激励你去做事。
He says, don’t react against a bad situation;merge with that situation instead.
他说,不要去反抗困境,相反,要融入到其中。
And the solution will arise from the challenge.
你将会在迎接挑战的过程中找到出路。
Because surrendering yourself doesn’t mean giving up;it means acting with responsibility.
因为暂时的屈服并不意味着放弃,它意味着一种责任感。