英文欣赏:解梦 Understanding Dreams(上)

Understanding Dreams

解梦

We dream for four hours every night, but may just be able to remember one dream every few days.

每晚,我们有四个小时的时间是在做梦,但是每隔几天我们能记住其中的一个梦。

It is every person's secret life—and one we typically want to know more about.

它是每个人秘密生活的一部分,对此我们通常想知道更多信息。

We want to tap into those nighttime fantasies that have us flying, saving the world and dating movie stars.

我们在夜梦中幻想自己飞翔,拯救世界以及和电影明星约会。

And we'd like to both learn from and escape our nightmare—being chased by wild animals, falling off a cliff or sitting down to an exam we never studied for.

我们也会做让我们想要逃离的噩梦——被野生动物追逐,从悬崖上坠落或者考一场我们完全不会解答的测试。

Dream researchers find that pain is rarely experienced in dreams.

研究人员发现,梦中很少能体验到疼痛。

And we do dream in color. But because it's so hard to remember dreams most people forget that fact.

我们会做彩色的梦。但是因为梦很难记住,所以大多数人会忘记梦的内容。

70 to 80 percent of a dream's content comes from the previous day, though the elderly often dream of events from their teens and twenties.

70%到80%的梦的内容来源于前一天的生活,尽管老年人常会梦见自己十几岁和二十几岁的事情。

Women dream of males and females, and their dreams are often focused on relationships.

女性会做和两性相关的梦,主要集中在人际关系这个方面。

Men's dreams focus more on males, success and failure.

男人做更多和男性、成功和失败有关的梦。

Today's dream experts agree with Sigmund Freud, who believed that dreams were the subconscious way of communicating with us and that getting to know our dreams was a way to learn about ourselves.

今天的解梦专家赞成西格蒙德·弗洛伊德的理论,认为梦是一种潜意识和我们交流的方式,了解我们的梦是更好认识自己的一种办法。

For instance, having nightmares means you are psychologically disturbed, suffering from stress, anxiety or depression.

比如,做恶梦意味着你的心理受到打扰,忍受压力、焦虑或者抑郁之苦。

Nightmares can be stopped. One way to do this is by dealing with the problem.

噩梦是可以停止的。一种办法是把解决问题。

1. tap into 挖掘;接进

eg. You need to tap into your limitless river of ideas.

你需要去挖掘思想的河流中的无限创意。

eg. Research suggests that search engines could tap into users' need to be entertained.

研究者建议,搜索引擎可以挖掘用户想消遣一下的需求。

eg. Tap into your network of friends and acquaintances.

和你的朋友以及熟人打成一片。

2. focus on 集中于

(1) 使(光线等)聚焦于

eg. If you focus the sun's rays on dry wood with a burning-glass, it will start burning.

如果你用取火镜使太阳光线在聚焦在干木头上,木头就会燃烧起来。

(2) 以(某事物)为重点,集中讨论研究

eg. Our meeting focuses on the question of women's right.

我们会议的重点是妇女权利问题。

3. suffer from

受……的折磨;患……病;因……受到损害(或损失)

eg. How long have you been suffering from a headache?

你头痛有多久了?

eg. Your son suffers from your excessive shielding.

你的过分袒护,反而害了你的儿子。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据