英文欣赏:时尚误区(下)

Brand is not everything, fit is.

名牌并不代表一切,适合才是王道。

Don’t be tempted to buy that pair of jeans just because they look on most girls out there.

不要因为其他女孩穿某条牛仔裤好看就去买。

If they don’t fit, there is no point wasting your money on them.

如果你穿上不合适,就没有必要浪费钱买。

I have tried loads of pairs of the new Levi’s 593 Super Low jeans,

我试穿过一大堆新版里维斯596系列低腰牛仔裤,

but I have rarely found one that actually fits all around.

但几乎找不到完全适合我的。

So before you show off, make sure it really fits you all around,

在你向别人炫耀新衣服前,先确定你穿上确实合适。

or you will be left with tons of regrets and a hole in pocket.

否则你就只剩无尽的懊悔和空空如也的钱包了。

Don’t be a fashion victim.

不要成为时尚的受害者。

Before you rush to buy the hat that have been so popular among your friends, think carefully:

在你急匆匆去买一款朋友圈中非常流行的帽子前,先仔细想一想:

will it last you for at least the next year?

明年这款还会继续流行吗?

Most probably not. The world of fashion is extremely changeable

很可能不会。时尚圈瞬息万变,

and most trends don’t last more than a few months.

有些潮品甚至不到一个月就过时了。

Remember the thick platforms popular among young people years ago?

还记得几年前在年轻人之间流行的厚厚的松糕鞋吗?

Will you still wear them today?

现在你还会穿吗?

Fashion trends come and go and staying in Asia does not help us one bit

时尚潮流变来变去,在亚洲流行并不代表什么,

because trends take a longer time to reach us.

因为需要很长时间才会再次在我们这里流行。

The peasant fad sparked off by Yves Saint Laurent and Louis Vuitton,

伊夫圣罗兰和LV在Orchard 大街掀起的疯狂的田园风,

seem to be the rage in Orchard Road now but it is long gone in America.

在今日的美国已经荡然无存。

Instead of spending on that “hot” item,

与其在那样的“潮”品上花钱,

use your money wisely and invest in items that will always be classics,

不如理智的把钱用在永恒经典的衣服上,

like: a well-cut pair of jeans, a little black dress or a leather tote bag.

比如: 剪裁完美的牛仔裤,黑色小裙子或者皮革手袋。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据