英文欣赏之人生感悟 (8)爱的召唤

When Love Beckons You

爱的召唤

When love beckons to you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep.

当爱召唤你时,请追随它,尽管爱之道路艰难险峻。

And when his wings enfold you, yield to him, though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

当爱的羽翼拥抱你时,请顺从它,尽管隐藏在其羽翼之下的利刃可能会伤到你。

And when he speaks to you, believe in him, though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

当爱向你诉说时,请相信它,尽管它的声音可能打破你的梦想,就如同北风吹落花园里所有的花瓣。

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.

爱会给你戴上桂冠,也会折磨你。

Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

爱会助你成长,也会给你修枝。

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, so shall he descend to our roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

爱会上升到枝头,抚爱你在阳光下颤动力的嫩枝,也会下潜至根部,撼动力你紧抓泥土的根基。

But if, in your fear, you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,

但是,如果你在恐惧之中只想寻求爱的平和与快乐,

then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,

那你就最好掩盖真实的自我,避开爱的考验,

into the seasonless world where you shall laugh,

进入不分季节的世界,在那里你将欢笑,

but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

但并非开怀大笑,你将哭泣,但并非尽情地哭。

Love gives naught but it self and takes naught but from itself.

爱只将自己付出,也只得到自己。

Love possesses not, nor would it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love.

爱一无所有,也不会为谁所有,因为爱本身就已自足。

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.

爱除了实现自我别无他求。

But if you love and must have desires, let these be your desires:

但是如果你爱而又不得不有所求,那就请期望:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

将自己融化并像奔流的溪水一般向夜晚吟唱自己优美的曲调。

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

明了过多的温柔所带来的苦痛。

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

被自己对爱的理解所伤害;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

并情愿快乐地悲伤。

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

在黎明带着轻快的心醒来并感谢又一个有家的日子;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

在中午时分休息并冥想爱的心醉神迷;

To return home at eventide with gratitude ;

在黄昏怀着感恩之心回家;

And then to sleep with a payer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

然后为内心所爱之人祈祷,吟唱赞美之歌,并带着祷告和歌声入眠。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据