英文欣赏:Making judgement评判

Making judgement

评判

Are you the type of person that is quick to judge?

你是那种能非常迅速做出评判的人吗?

I often make the mistake of quickly judging someone.

我经常犯这样迅速评判某人的错误。

You've probably heard the expression, "Don't judge a book by its cover".

你有没有听过这样一句话,叫做“人不可貌相。”

But, it's hard not to.

但是,很难不去这样做。

In this fast-food world, where everything travels faster and faster, and we are still not satisfied.

在这个快节奏的世界,在这里所有事物的传播速度越来越快,但我们仍然不满意。

It's hard not to make quick judgement.

很难不去快速的做出判断。

We channel surf, and people surf too.

我们频繁的变换频道,而人们也频繁的变换频道。

I think it's easy to criticize others, and it's easy to criticize ourselves.

我认为批评别人很容易,批评我们自己也会很容易。

I would have to say that I'm my worst critic.

我必须得说我对自己来说是最差的评论家。

I'm pretty hard on myself. How about you?

我对自己非常苛刻。你呢?

Do you consider yourself to be a fairly understanding person?

你认为自己是一个相当能理解的人吗?

Criticizing yourself a little bit is ok.

稍微批评一下自己就可以了。

Actually I think it's important to laugh at yourself, even to tease yourself.

其实我想重要的是嘲笑,甚至取笑自己。

Better you tease yourself than others.

你取笑自己好过别人如此对你。

Rodney Dangerfield, a famous American comedian, passed away not too long ago, he has many one-liners, where he put himself down.

罗德尼•泽菲尔德是一位著名的美国喜剧演员,他在不久前刚刚去世,他有许多短笑话,他对自己失望的时候会对自己讲。

Would you like to hear one of the silly things he said?

你想听一个他说的傻傻的事情的吗?

He said:“I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me, he said I was being ridiculous. Everyone hasn't met me yet".

他说道:“我告诉我的心理医生,每个人都恨我,他说我荒谬可笑。因为每个人都不曾看见过我。”

Recently, I'm trying to be less critical of people, and even myself.

最近,我正在试着少批评人,甚至我自己。

When I'm in a judgement mood, I even try to laugh a little, what do you do?

当我处于一种评判的心境,我还能继续笑一下,你会做怎样做呢?

Talk about it:

谈论下面的话题:

Are you a critical person?

你是一个批判的人吗?

What do you usually criticize?

你通常批判什么?

How do you feel when people criticize you?

当人们批评你的时候,你感觉如何?

Are you good at laughing at yourself?

你擅长嘲笑自己吗?

How important are first impressions to you?

第一印象对你有多重要?

Do you ever judge people before you meet them?

你曾经在见人之前就判断他们吗?

Are you able to change the first impression of a person later on?

以后你能够改变一个人的第一印象吗?

What do you do to make a good first impression?

你能做什么来留下好的第一印象?

How do you decide whether to change something about yourself?

你怎么决定是否要改变自己?

Would you change something about yourself if a close friend or relative pointed out a fault?

如果一位亲密的朋友或亲戚指出错误,你会改变自己吗?

1. judgement n.判断;判决

Her decision seems to show a lack of political judgement.

她的决定似乎显示出缺乏政治判断力。

2. expression n.表情;表示

Art has different forms expression.

艺术有多种不同的表现形式。

3. criticize v.批评;挑剔

You should not criticize him so harshly his face.

你不应改当面这样严厉地批评他。

4. tease v.欺负;嘲弄

It's too bad of you to tease the child like that.

你那样逗弄小孩真不好。

5. ridiculous a.荒谬的;可笑的

His social pretensions make him appear ridiculous.

他冒充上流社会人士而出尽洋相。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据