英文欣赏:保持年轻 一种精神状态

Being Young: A State of Mind

保持年轻:一种精神状态

I recently went on a family outing.

我最近参加了一次家庭郊游。

The kids were running around,

孩子们到处乱跑,

being crazy like kids do,

就像孩子们那样疯狂,

and my wife and I taking care of them.

而我的妻子和我负责照顾他们。

My mother-in-law also came to have fun and help,

我的婆婆也来参加并且帮助我们,

and believe it or not,

而不管你信不信,

she was the most useful person in the whole group.

在整个团队中她是最有用的人。

She was running around, having fun, and laughing all day.

她一整天跑来跑去,玩乐,开怀大笑。

It was great to have such a bright, warm, and loving person around.

有这样一个欢快的、充满热情和爱的人在真是太伟大了。

Some people worry about getting old.

有些人担心变老。

They do everything possible to age slowly.

他们尽一切可能慢慢变老。

I can understand.

我能理解。

I want to be able to move with speed and strength as long as possible.

我想能够尽可能长时间的保持速度和力量。

But watching my mother-in-law… my goodness,

但是看我婆婆…我的天,

I hope I have her strength and speed when I’m her age.

我希望自己在她的年龄时有她的力量和速度。

I hope my mind is as sharp as hers when I’m her age.

我希望自己在她的年龄时心智能像她一样。

I hope I am warm and giving like she is when I become a grandpa.

我希望自己成为爷爷时就像她一样热情并给予他人。

What makes us age?

是什么让我们的年龄变大吗?

It seems to me that it’s more than physical.

在我看来,这不仅仅是身体方面。

I’ve seen people in young bodies that seem VERY ‘old’.

我看到人们年轻的躯体也似乎很“老”。

They are inactive.

他们很不活跃。

They seem to be unhappy about life. What’s the secret to staying young?

他们似乎对生活感到不满。有什么秘诀保持青春吗?

Some people say we get old when we stop learning new things.

有些人说我们年老时就停止学习新事物。

What do you think?

你是怎么想的?


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据