英文欣赏:与老朋友们保持联系

Staying in touch with old friends

与老朋友们保持联系

I recently met an old friend I hadn’t seen in ages.

我最近见了一位许久没见面的老朋友。

He said that he had been busy and also didn’t really know to contact me.

他说自己过去一直很忙,也真的不知道与我联系。

I told him the same.

我告诉我也是一样。

The truth is, we have a few mutual friends, if we had really wanted to contact each other, we could have.

事实是,我们有一些共同的朋友,如果我们真的想联系对方,我们可以马上联系得到。

But with busy schedules, and family life–and all sorts of things going on –well, I guess we just lost touch.

但是繁忙的日程安排和家庭生活——及各种各样的事情——嗯,我想我们就失去联系了。

So, I got to thinking about the people I am in touch with now and those I’d like to contact.

所以,我开始思考我现在联系到的人及我想联系的人。

I have a lot of friends and acquaintances,

我有很多朋友和老相识,

I used to have many more. Somewhere along the line,

我以前有更多。但事与愿违,

we just lost contact with each other.

我们刚刚失去了联系。

I’d like to contact some of my friends from high school.

我想联系一些高中的朋友。

I’d like to say hello to some of the people I used to know in New York and California,

我想和一些自己曾经在纽约和加利福尼亚州认识的人打个招呼,

I know I could do it.

我知道我能做到。

It wouldn’t require me to bend over backwards,

它不会让我使出浑身解数,

but I am not sure if I should.

但是我不确定自己是否应该这样做。

I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.

我的意思是,现在的工作和家庭已经让我分身乏术。

Plus, I have people that I am in contact with now,

另外,我现在也和一些人保持着联系,

and I fell kind of guilty that I am not able to spend more time with them.

有种罪恶感蒙上我的心头,我不可以在他们身上再花更多的时间。

Who needs more guilt? Not me!

谁需要更多的罪恶?不是我!


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据