TED演讲之游戏的力量:用玩具创造世界(4)

And then we can test it out, once we've done that, and see how it would move around.

我们完成这一项之后,就可以测试一下,让它四处走动一下。

And so at this point the computer is procedurally animating this creature.

这时,电脑就会自动地控制这个生物的移动。

It's looking at whatever I've designed. It will actually bring it to life.

电脑听命于我的设计,然后让它动起来。

And I can see how it might dance.

瞧瞧,我让它跳舞。

how it might show emotions, how it might fight.

让它表达情感,让它打斗。

So it's acting with its two mouths there.

让让它的两个嘴巴动起来。

I can even have it pose for a photo. Snap a little photo of it.

我甚至能让它摆姿势拍照——拍个照。

So at any rate, then I bring this back into the game.

我把它放回游戏中来,

It's born, and I play the next generation of my creature through evolution.

它出生了。然后我开始玩我的生物进化后的下一代。

Now again, the empathy that the players have when they create the content is tremendous.

同样的,玩家们创作生物时的强烈的共情感又来了。

Now, when players create content in this game,

当一个玩家在游戏中创作一个内容时,

it's automatically sent up to a server

它自动被传送到服务器,

and then redistributed to all the other players transparently.

然后重新分配到所有其他玩家的系统中。

So in fact, as I'm interacting in this world with other creatures,

因此,其实在这个世界里同我互动的其他生物,

these creatures are transparently coming from other players as they play.

是直接由其他的玩家创造的。

So the process of playing the game is a process of building up this huge database of content.

所以玩游戏的过程就是在建立一个巨大的内容数据库。

And pretty much everything you're going to see in this game,

几乎所有你在游戏中看到的一切,

there's an editor for in the game that the player can create,

都有相应的编辑工具,

all the way up through civilization. This is my baby.

是的,贯穿整个文明。这是我的宝贝儿。

When I eat, I'll actually start growing. This is the next generation.

当我吃东西的时候,我就在长大。这是它的下一代。

But I'm going to skip way ahead here.

我要跳过这步了。

Now, normally what would happen is these creatures would work their way up, eventually become intelligent.

接着,一般来说,这些生物就会日臻完美,最后变得拥有智慧。

I'd start dealing with tribes, cities and civilizations of them over time.

随着时间流逝,我开始处理部落、城市和不同的文明的问题。

I'm going to skip way ahead here to the space phase.

我要跳过这些步骤,直接跳到太空阶段。

Eventually they would go out into space, and start colonizing and exploring the universe.

最终它们会进入太空,开始在宇宙中殖民和探索。

Now really, in some sense, I want the players to be building this world in their imagination,

我希望玩家能够用他们的想象创造世界。

and then extracting it from them with the least amount of pain.

然后用最简单的方式从中取其精华。

So that's kind of what these tools are about, are:

这就是这些工具的意义,这就是

how do we make the game play the player's imagination-amplifier?

我们如何用这个游戏,放飞玩家的想象,

And how do we make these tools, these editors,

我们如何让这些工具,这些编辑工具

something that are just as fun as the game itself?

变得和游戏本身一样好玩。

So this is the planet that we've been playing on up to this point in the game.

这就是我们在玩游戏时所在的星球。

So far the entire game has been played on the surface of this little world here.

目前这整个游戏就是在这个小世界的表面玩的。

Now, at this point we're actually dealing with a very little toy planet.

现在我们是在玩一个小小的星球玩具,

Almost, again, like the Montessori toy idea.

同样几乎就像是蒙特梭利玩具那样。

You know, what happens if you give somebody a toy planet,

你知道,当你给人一个星球玩具,

and let them play with a lot of dynamics on it,

让他们可以随意摆弄时,

what could they discover? What might they learn on this?

他们会发现什么?他们会从中学到什么?

This world was actually extracted from the player's imagination.

这个世界事实上是来源于玩家的想象,

So, this is the planet that the player evolved on.

是玩家的生息之地,

Things like the buildings, and the vehicles,

所以所有的房屋建筑、交通工具、

the architecture, civilizations were all designed by the player up to this point.

所有文明目前为止都是由玩家来设计的。

So here's a little city with some of our guys kind of walking around in it.

所以这里是一个小城市,有几个咱们的人行走其中。

And most games kind of put the player in the role of Luke Skywalker, this protagonist playing through this story.

在大多数的游戏中,玩家都是像卢克·天行者这样的故事主角。

Really, this is more about putting the player in the role of George Lucas, you know?

然而这个游戏却是让玩家来扮演导演乔治·卢卡斯的角色。

I want them, after they've played this game,

我希望他们玩了这个游戏之后,

to have extracted an entire world that they're now interacting with.

能够创作出一个完整的世界,与之互动。

演讲简介

威尔·莱特快速、通俗易懂地展示了他的最新游戏——《孢子》。这款游戏必将与他以往的大手笔还要让玩家感到震撼。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据