拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲(6)

But let me add a word of caution:

但我要提醒大家一句:

taking risks and reinventing yourself also means leaving room for the unexpected, for the perfectly unplanned.

承担风险并重塑自己,也意味着要为预料之外的、完全计划外的事情留有后路。

And that is particularly true in business and technology.

在商业和技术领域尤其如此。

I'm going to ask you three questions.

我问你们三个问题。

Did you know that the world's biggest hotel company does not own any hotels?

你们知道世界上最大的酒店公司,其实没有任何酒店吗?

Did you know that the world's biggest taxi company does not own any cabs?

你们知道世界上最大的出租车公司,其实没有任何出租车吗?

And the world's biggest news agency does not own any newspapers.

还有世界上最大的新闻机构,其实没有任何报纸。

Now of course, you know who they are.

你们肯定知道这三家公司是谁。

Who I'm talking about? Of course, Airbnb, Uber, Facebook.

我说的是谁?显然,是爱彼迎,优步,脸书。

Now these companies did not exist a few years ago, and it would have been unthinkable to even ask a question like that.

仅在几年前,这些公司还不存在,甚至提出这样的问题也是不可想象的。

But ever since a little company called Amazon.com,

但是自从一家名为Amazon.com的小公司,

started selling books online, sharing information freely, we have come to expect the unexpected.

开始在线销售书籍、免费分享信息以来,我们就开始期待出人意料的事情。

Disruption — through technology and market forces — is the only known variable.

技术和市场力量的干扰,是唯一已知的变量。

And there is only so much in life that you can plan and foretell.

生活中你可以计划和预测的只有那么多。

I am not suggesting here that you should lean back and relax. Quite the opposite, actually.

我不建议高枕无忧地放松。恰恰相反。

It was Thomas Jefferson who once said: "I am a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it".

托马斯·杰斐逊曾经说过:“我是运气的忠实信徒,我发现我越努力,就越走运。”


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据