SD冠军锦标赛|美国藤校演讲与辩论赛中国选拔赛

SDcamps•演辩营全国英语演讲与辩论赛

拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲(4)

Let me give you another example "from cozy to crazy", and it happened right here in Chicago.

让我再举一个从舒适到疯狂的例子,它就发生在芝加哥。

In 1999, after years of studying at law school, hard work as a young, and then not so young lawyer,

1999年,在结束了法学院几年的学习并成为一名年轻的律师,并不是那么的年轻的律师之后,

my partners at Baker & McKenzie elected me chairman of this global unique law firm.

我在贝克·麦坚时国际律师事务所的合伙人,将我选为这家全球知名法律公司的董事长。

Working and living here in Chicago allowed me to thrive as a lawyer,

在芝加哥的工作和生活使我得以成长为一名律师,

as a leader, and as a mother of two wonderful boys.

一名领导,两个出色孩子的母亲。

And I could not have made it without the support and tolerance of my family, they are here today,

没有家人的支持和宽容,我不可能做到这一点,他们今天就在这里,

and the help of my great colleagues and friends, some of whom are here today as well.

没有优秀的同事和朋友的帮助,我也不可能做到这一点,他们当中有些人今天也来到了这里。

But in 2005, I received a phone call, a bit like you, President.

但是在2005年,我接到了一通电话,这和你有点像,校长先生。

The call was from Paris, and it was the Prime Minister.

这通电话是来自巴黎的,是总理给我打的。

And he was asking me to join the French government as Trade Secretary.

他要求我加入法国政府,担任外贸部部长。

Now when your country calls you to public service, there is really one answer you can give.

当你的国家要求你参与公众服务的时候,你实际上能给出的答案只有一个。

So I gave up my cozy life as chairman, my wonderful expected retirement plan,

因此,我放弃了舒适的董事长生活,放弃了理想的退休计划,

packed my bag and flew immediately to Paris that very same day.

收拾行囊,就在当天立即飞往了巴黎。

And actually, in my haste, I managed to forget my glasses.

事实上,在匆忙中,我忘记了我的眼镜。

So for first few days in office, the newest French minister was blinking and squinting a lot!

所以在上任的头几天,这位新任的法国部长总是不停地眨眼和眯眼!

But going from "cozy" to "crazy" allowed me to move from the private sector to national public service,

但是从舒适到疯狂,使我从私营部门来到了国家公共服务部门,

and then to international public service; from France to the United States and to the world.

再到国际公共服务部门;从法国到美国再到全世界。

And one of the major lessons I have learned during that journey is this:

在这段旅程中,我学到的主要经验之一就是:

be prepared for change, be willing to take risks, be willing to take "smart risks",

为变化做好准备,愿意承担风险,愿意“明智地冒险”,

and don't ever be afraid of re-inventing yourself along the way.

不要害怕在这个过程中重新塑造自己。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

《拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲(4)》

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

点赞

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据