马德琳·奥尔布赖特2015塔夫茨大学毕业演讲(2)

As a professor and mother of three college graduates, I have to confess that I just love commencement ceremonies.

作为一名教授,以及三个大学毕业生的妈妈,我必须承认,我很喜欢毕业典礼。

They are a unique milestone in our lives, because they celebrate past accomplishments and future possibilities.

毕业典礼是我们人生中独特的里程碑,因为它是对我们过去和未来可能性的庆祝。

To the parents of the Class of 2015, I can only say the moment has finally come.

对2015届毕业生的家长们,我只能说,这一刻终于到来了。

Having once been in your position,

我曾经也是你们中的一员,

I expect that you're thinking with some amazement about how short the interval is between diapers and diplomas.

我猜想,你们在想到孩子从穿纸尿裤到拿学位,间隔竟然如此之短时,也会感到十分惊讶。

To the students, I say congratulations.

对毕业生们,我要说声祝贺。

In order to reach this day, you had to pass one of the most difficult tests of all: surviving a truly wicked Boston winter.

为了这一天,你们要通过一场最难的考试:熬过一个极其寒冷的波士顿冬天。

Now that you've all thawed out, you will soon realize that graduation is one of the five great milestones of life;

既然都熬过来了,你们将很快意识到毕业是人生五大里程碑之一,

the others being birth, death, marriage and the day you finally pay off your student loans.

其他四个是出生、去世、结婚以及最终还完助学贷款。

Today is a time for celebration, and for looking back and admitting that

今天是一个值得庆祝的日子,我们回顾过去并承认,

all the hard work of reading and writing, and studying and cramming before tests was indeed worth it.

所有考试前努力的阅读和写作、研究和准备确实是值得的。

In future years, you will recall this ceremony, and you will understand that today, May 17, 2015,

在以后的岁月里,你们会回想起这个典礼,你们会明白,今天,2015年5月17日,

was the day you first began to forget everything you learned in college and graduate school.

是你们开始忘记本科和研究生阶段全部所学知识的日子。


NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

微信:0012133598196

详情查看:NSDA(全美演讲与辩论联盟)赛事活动诚招全国各城市合作伙伴

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据