拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲(10)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 100342 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
This brings me to my final story — about encouraging transformational change in others.
这就引出了我最后的故事–关于鼓励他人进行变革。
The real heroes of that little story that I'm going to tell you are really my great colleagues at the International Monetary Fund.
我要讲的这个小故事的真正英雄,是我在国际货币基金组织的出色的同事。
In 2011 — at the height of the sovereign debt crisis in the Europe
2011年,在欧元区主权债务危机最严重的时候,
my colleagues produced a highly controversial piece of research on European banks.
我的同事们对欧洲银行业进行了极富争议性的研究。
European leaders had been insisting that their banking systems were basically OK.
欧洲领导人一直坚持认为他们的银行系统基本上没有问题。
But our analysis showed that these banks were sitting on massive amounts of bonds
但是我们的分析表明,这些银行坐拥大量债券,
that were worthy only a fraction of the value listed in their books.
这些债券的价值仅相当于其账面价值的一小部分。
We were pretty sure at that time that the emperor had no clothes, or little of it.
我们非常确定,在那个时刻,皇帝没有穿新装,或者只穿了很少的衣服。
And we were extremely worried that this could be the Europe's Lehman Brothers moment. So we took the research.
我们非常担心这可能是欧洲的雷曼兄弟时刻。因此我们进行了研究。
I gave a speech in Jackson Hall where all the bankers get together in August to make a loud and clear call for action.
2011年8月份,所有的银行家都在杰克逊霍尔聚集,我在那里发表了讲话,发出了响亮且明确的行动呼吁。
The pushback was swift and hard.
抵制行动迅速而猛烈。
Bankers and ministers lining up to publicly discount and discredit our analysis and criticize me.
银行家和部长们纷纷公开贬低、否认我们的分析并批评了我。
But over the next 12 months, these banks did exactly what we were calling for
但是在接下来的12个月中,这些银行却完全按照我们的呼吁行动,
raising hundreds of billions of euros in fresh capital.
募集了数千亿欧元的新资金。
And European leaders began to revamp the regulatory structures to create a safer and sounder banking system.
欧洲领导人开始改革监管结构,以建立更安全、更健全的银行体系。
Now this was a defining moment personally and indeed for the IMF.
对于我个人,当然也对于世界货币基金组织而言,这是一个决定性的时刻。
As you know, we lend money to countries in times of distress and trouble when nobody else is prepared to lend,
如你们所知,世界货币基金组织会在某个国家遭遇困难、且没有其他国家准备好放贷时向该国提供贷款,
so that they can get back on their feet, access the financial markets again.
以便它们能重新站起来,再次进入金融市场。
But we also play a key role in sounding global alarm bells and encouraging global cooperation.
但是我们在敲响全球警钟和鼓励全球合作方面也发挥着关键作用。
At its best, the IMF is, in the words of economist John Maynard Keynes, a "ruthless truth-teller".
用经济学家约翰·梅纳德·凯恩斯的话说,世界货币基金组织的最佳角色就是“一个无情的说真话的组织。”
And in 2011, we told an inconvenient truth — and it mattered.
2011年,我们说出了一个大家不愿面对的事实,而这非常重要。
NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲与辩论大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲与辩论大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招全国省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动、开展素质教育、美式营地项目等多方面合作。
我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA品牌、赛事及素质教育。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。
微信:0012133598196