TED演讲:性暴力的救赎之路(13)

The story we've just relayed is unique, and yet it is so common with sexual violence being a global pandemic.

我们接连讲述的这个故事是独一无二的,但是在性暴力正成为一个全球性现象的背景下又是如此平常。

But it doesn't have to be that way.

但并不一定会如此。

One of the things that I found useful on my own healing journey is educating myself about sexual violence.

在我自己的治愈过程中,我发现一件有用的事,就是对性暴力进行自我教育。

And as a result, I've been reading, writing and speaking about this issue for over a decade now,

事实上,这十多年间我一直在进行针对这一话题的阅读、写作和演讲,

going to conferences around the world.

参加全球的各种会议。

And in my experience, the attendees of such events are almost exclusively women.

以我的经验看来,这类会议的参会人大多只有女性。

But it's about time that we stop treating sexual violence as a women's issue.

是时候我们停止把性暴力只当做一个女性议题了。

A majority of sexual violence against women and men is perpetrated by men.

大多数针对女性和男性的性暴力是由男性进行。

And yet their voices are sorely underrepresented in this discussion. But all of us are needed here.

在(关于性暴力的)讨论中,他们的声音却极少出现。我们所有人的观点都是被需要的。

Just imagine all the suffering we could alleviate if we dared to face this issue together. Thank you.

设想如果我们敢于共同面对这一问题,有多少痛苦可以被缓解。谢谢。

20年前,他们是一对恋人,当一切看似美好、令人艳羡时,在一次学校舞会后,他竟然强奸了她… 20年后,他们来到TED演讲台坦诚面对过去,讲述这20年来彼此走过的一段漫长的救赎之路。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据