麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲(2)

Did Felix make it? OK, we’re gonna leave him suspended in free fall for a minute and come back to him.

费利克斯成功了吗?好吧,我们先不管他,让他再做一会儿自由落体运动,然后再回过头来讲他。

In the meantime, I’m very excited to be here — on solid ground — with all of you.

此时此刻,能够站在这儿–稳稳地站在地上–和你们所有人一起,我很激动。

And I wanna thank President Nikias for that very kind introduction and congratulate my fellow honorary degree recipients.

我要感谢尼基亚斯校长的热情介绍,祝贺和我一起获得荣誉学位的各位。

I also wanna welcome the distinguished faculty and enthusiastic alumni of USC

我还要欢迎优秀的教职员工们和热情的南加州大学的校友们,

as well as all of the proud relatives and supportive friends.

以及所有充满自豪的亲属还有提供支持的朋友们。

Now today we’re all one big Trojan family.

今天我们都是特洛伊大家庭的一员。

Some of you were born into it. Some of you chose it. I married into it.

你们中的一些人生来就在这个大家庭,一些人后来选择了它,而我则是因为婚姻才进入这个家庭。

I remember the first time my husband, George Lucas, brought me to campus. I like him, too.

我还记得我先生乔治·卢卡斯第一次带我到这所大学时的情景。我也很喜欢他。

First stop was the film school, obviously.

显然,我们的第一站是电影学院。

Then we attended a football game — okay, not A game, THE game, against Westwood High.

然后我们看了一场橄榄球比赛–哦,不是“一场”比赛,而是“那场”比赛,对阵维斯特伍德高中的那一场。

Now, I went to school back east, and the one thing I can tell you Ivy League football is mostly cold and boring.

要知道,我是在东部上的学,可以跟你们说的是,常春藤盟校的橄榄球赛多数时候都很冷清,也很无聊。

Cold like it is right now. But THE game was amazing. I cheered the entire time.

冷清得就跟现在的天气一样。但是那场比赛真是棒极了。整场比赛我都在欢呼。

I could not believe you had a real horse as a mascot. I was amazed.

我真不敢相信,你们竟然用一匹真马作为球队的吉祥物。我当时很惊讶。

And then I learned that that’s not the original Traveler,

后来我得知那不是最初的那匹“旅行者”,

and I thought to myself, “What a nice tradition, but doesn’t it make more sense to replicate Pete Carroll?”

我心想,“多好的传统啊,但复制出一个皮特·卡罗尔不是更有意义吗?”

麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据