TED演讲:消灭铺张浪费,我们需要重新认识节俭(7)

What do we do with them? This process is able not just to recycle them, but to recycle them infinitely.

那我们能做些什么呢?我们不仅应该让水瓶可以回收再利用,而且应该让这个过程无限进行下去。

Why is that interesting? Because when we think about reusing and recycling,

为什么这点很有意思呢?因为像那些能重复利用和回收再利用的东西,

metals, glass, things like that, can be recycled as many times as you like.

比如金属、玻璃等等,都能被回收再利用很多次。

There's metal in your car that may well have come from a 1950s Oldsmobile,

比如你的汽车的金属配件,可能来自19世纪50年代的奥尔兹莫比尔汽车,

because you can recycle it infinitely with no loss of performance.

因为你可以无限地回收这些金属,没有一点损耗。

Plastics offer about once or twice of recycling, whether it's a bottle, whether it's a chair — whatever it is, if it's carpet,

而塑料只能被回收再利用一到两次,不管是塑料水瓶,还是塑料椅子,不论是什么,还比如地毯,

after two times of recycling, whether it goes back into another chair, etc, it tends to lose strength, it's no longer of any use.

如果它被回收过两次后,不论被用来制作椅子还是其他东西,它的强度都会降低,不能再被用来制作任何东西了。

This, though, just using a few enzymes, is able to recycle it infinitely.

然而我们可以利用酶,让塑料可以无限回收再利用。

I take a bottle or a chair or some other plastic product,

比如,我可以拿塑料瓶,塑料椅或其他塑料制品,

I basically put it in with a few enzymes, they break it apart,

在里面加入一些酶,酶会将它们分解成

they basically put it back into its original molecules. And then from those molecules, you can build another chair or carpet or bottle.

最原始的分子形态。之后,用这些分子重新制作塑料椅、地毯和塑料水瓶。

So, the cycle is infinite. The advantage with that, of course, is that

所以,这可以是个无限循环。当然,这样做的优点是,

you have potentially zero loss of material resources. Again, the perfect idea of thrift.

你不会浪费任何物质资源。再强调一次,这是一个节俭的好方法。

So in conclusion, I just want to have you think about — if you make anything, if you're any part of a design firm,

总结一下,我想让大家思考,如果你需要制作什么东西,如果你是设计公司的一员,

if you basically are refurbishing your house — any aspect where you make something,

如果你需要翻修你的房子,不论你想做什么东西,

think about how that product could potentially be used as a second life, or third life or fourth life.

都请想一想,这个产品二次利用,三次利用,四次利用后都能拿来做什么。

Design in the ability for it to be taken apart.

产品应该被设计成易被分解的。

That, to me, is the ultimate thrift, and I think that's basically what my grandmother would love.

我认为这就是终极的节俭,我想这会是我祖母希望看到的。

安德鲁·登特认为,没有什么东西是应该扔掉的——当你将用过的食品容器、玩坏的玩具或者旧袜子扔进垃圾桶时,它们最终将不可避免地被运到垃圾场。但我们可以改进产品的生产和再生产方式。登特分享了关于节俭的几个例子,如利用和重新利用你需要的东西而不总是买新的,材料科学的进步——如用纳米纤维制作的电子产品,以及用酶让塑料变得可无限循环利用。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据