米歇尔·奥巴马2015塔斯基吉大学毕业演讲(7)

Generation after generation, students here have shown that same grit,

一代又一代的传承,塔斯基吉的学生用实践证明,

that same resilience to soar past obstacles and outrages — past the threat of countryside lynchings;

唯有坚韧的意志才能冲破重重阻碍,化解心中的愤怒,让曾经私刑的威胁、

past the humiliation of Jim Crow; past the turmoil of the Civil Rights era.

《吉姆·克劳法》的耻辱、民权运动时期的动荡成为过去。

And then they went on to become scientists, engineers, nurses and teachers in communities all across the country

后来,他们成为全美各地的科学家、工程师、护士、教师等,

and continued to lift others up along the way.

并不断激励他人。

And while the history of this campus isn't perfect,

虽然这所校园的历史并不完美,

the defining story of Tuskegee is the story of rising hopes and fortunes for all African Americans.

但塔斯基吉人的故事为所有非裔美国人带来希望和机遇。

And now, graduates, it's your turn to take up that cause.

此刻,亲爱的毕业生们,你们将肩负起这项重任。

And let me tell you, you should feel so proud of making it to this day.

我想对你们说,你们应该为这一天的到来感到非常地自豪。

And I hope that you're excited to get started on that next chapter.

我希望你们满怀兴奋之情,开启新的篇章。

But I also imagine that you might think about all that history, all those heroes who came before you

但我想,若你们想到过去的历史,想到那些英雄前辈们,

you might also feel a little pressure, you know

可能感到一些压力,

pressure to live up to the legacy of those who came before you; pressure to meet the expectations of others.

既无愧于前辈的努力,也不能辜负他人的期望。

And believe me, I understand that kind of pressure.

请相信我,我理解这种压力。

I've experienced a little bit of it myself.

因为我亲身经历过。

You see, graduates, I didn't start out as the fully-formed First Lady who stands before you today.

毕业生们,我不是一开始就顺利成为今天站在你们面前的第一夫人。

No, no, I had my share of bumps along the way.

这一路上,我也跌跌撞撞。

米歇尔·奥巴马2015塔斯基吉大学毕业演讲。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据