TED演讲:如何赋予AI力量而不是被它压倒(7)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 89671 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
And whose goals should these be, anyway? Which goals should they be?
不过,这些目标到底是谁的目标?这些目标到底是什么目标?
This brings us to the third part of our rocket metaphor: the destination.
这就引出了火箭比喻的第三部分:目的地。
We’re making AI more powerful, trying to figure out how to steer it, but where do we want to go with it?
我们要让人工智能的力量更强大,试图想办法来操控它,但我们到底想把它带去何方呢?
This is the elephant in the room that almost nobody talks about — not even here at TED
这就像是房间里的大象,显而易见却无人问津–甚至在TED也没人谈论,
because we’re so fixated on short-term AI challenges.
因为我们都把目光聚焦于短期的人工智能挑战。
Look, our species is trying to build AGI, motivated by curiosity and economics,
你们看,我们人类正在试图建造AGI,由我们的好奇心以及经济需求所带动,
but what sort of future society are we hoping for if we succeed?
但如果我们能成功,希望能创造出怎样的未来社会呢?
We did an opinion poll on this recently, and I was struck to see that most people actually want us to build superintelligence:
最近对于这一点,我们做了一次观点投票,结果很让我惊讶,大部分的人其实希望我们能打造出超级人工智能:
AI that’s vastly smarter than us in all ways.
在各个方面都比我们聪明的人工智能。
What there was the greatest agreement on was that we should be ambitious and help life spread into the cosmos,
大家甚至一致希望我们应该更有野心,并协助生命在宇宙中的拓展,
but there was much less agreement about who or what should be in charge.
但对于应该由谁,或者什么来主导,大家就各持己见了。
And I was actually quite amused to see that there’s some some people who want it to be just machines.
有件事我觉得非常奇妙,就是我看到有些人居然表示让机器主导就好了。
And there was total disagreement about what the role of humans should be, even at the most basic level,
至于人类该扮演怎样的角色,大家的意见简直就是大相径庭,即使在最基础的层面上也是,
so let’s take a closer look at possible futures that we might choose to steer toward, alright?
那么让我们进一步去看看这些可能的未来,我们可能去往目的地,怎么样?
许多人工智能研究人员预计,在未来几十年内,人工智能将在所有任务和工作中超越人类,从而使我们的未来只受到物理定律的限制,而不是我们的智力极限。麻省理工学院物理学家和人工智能研究员马克斯·特格马克把真正的机会和威胁从神话中分离出来,描述了我们今天应该采取的具体步骤,以确保人工智能最终成为人类有史以来发生的最好的,而不是最坏的事情。