克里斯托弗·诺兰2015普林斯顿大学毕业演讲(1)

Thank you. It's a tremendous honor to be here.

谢谢你们。能来到这里是我莫大的荣幸。

I know we were all hoping to be outside.

我知道我们都想在外面举办这次活动。

But in this magnificent surroundings,

不过在这个华丽的环境中,

I for one am enjoying the feeling that President Eisgruber is about to get out the sorting hat.

就我个人而言,我很享受艾斯格鲁伯校长即将从分院帽里出来的感觉。

I've never been to Princeton before, and I arrived a day ago.

我以前从未来过普林斯顿,这次我是一天前到的。

And I had the opportunity to walk around and look at the place, look at the town.

我有机会四处走走,看看这个地方,看看这个城市。

And to call Princeton picturesque is to pay a compliment to the pictures of the world.

把普林斯顿称为风景如画,都是在抬举世界所有的画。

Just walking down Nassau Street, the petrol stations look like Edward Hopper paintings.

走在纳苏街上,加油站看起来就像爱德华·霍珀的画作。

I saw somebody's taking that rubbish out, and the rubbish was…

我看到有人在把垃圾拿出去,垃圾是…

it was a sort of weathered orange crate broken up and a 1930s rusted fan.

是一种褪色的桔篮,残破不堪,还有20世纪30年代的生锈的风扇。

And that was what they were putting out on the sidewalk.

这就是他们放在路边的东西。

Even your trash is more beautiful.

就算是你们的垃圾,也更漂亮。

So I'm supposed to stand here today and tell you that, you know,

所以我今天站在这里,是要告诉你们,

not to worry this wonderful environment that you've been in, that is indeed, you know,

不要担心你所处的这个美妙的环境,事实确实这样,

the envy of the world and education you've had that is arguably the envy of the world, certainly the envy of Yale.

全世界都羡慕你们,可以说全世界都羡慕你们所受的教育,当然其中也包括耶鲁。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据