SD冠军锦标赛|美国藤校演讲与辩论赛中国选拔赛

SDcamps•演辩营全国英语演讲与辩论赛

米歇尔·奥巴马2015塔斯基吉大学毕业演讲(11)

So, graduates, that's what I want for all of you.

毕业生们,这就是我对你们的期望。

I want you all to stay true to the most real, most sincere, most authentic parts of yourselves.

我希望你们能够忠于自己最真实、最诚挚的想法。

I want you to ask those basic questions:

我希望你们问问自己这些基本的问题:

Who do you want to be? What inspires you? How do you want to give back?

你想成为什么样的人,什么激励了你,你想如何去回报?

And then I want you to take a deep breath and trust yourselves to chart your own course and make your mark on the world.

然后,深呼吸放松,相信自己,去规划自己的人生,为这个世界贡献自己的力量。

Maybe it feels like you're supposed to go to law school — but what you really want to do is to teach little kids.

这感觉就像是别人认为你应该去上法学院,但是你真正想要做的是幼儿园教师。

Maybe your parents are expecting you to come back home after you graduate

或是你的父母希望你毕业后回家,

but you're feeling a pull to travel the world.

但你更想去环游世界。

I want you to listen to those thoughts.

我希望,你去倾听内心的想法。

I want you to act with both your mind, but also your heart.

既要有理性的思考,也要遵从内心的想法。

And no matter what path you choose, I want you to make sure it's you choosing it, and not someone else.

无论你选择什么样的道路,我希望你能确保这是你自己的选择,而不是别人替你做的决定。

Because here's the thing — the road ahead is not going to be easy.

因为事情是这样的–前面的道路不会容易走。

It never is, especially for folks like you and me.

永远也不会,特别是对你我这样的人来说。

Because while we've come so far, the truth is that those age-old problems are stubborn and they haven't fully gone away.

因为虽然我们已经走了这么远,但事实是,那些历史遗留下的问题非常顽固,还没有完全远离我们的生活。

So there will be times, just like for those Airmen,

这就需要时间,就像那些飞行员,

when you feel like folks look right past you, or they see just a fraction of who you really are.

你可能被人们忽略,或者他们只能看到部分真实的你。

The world won't always see you in those caps and gowns.

人们并不总是关注你的学位帽和学位服。

They won't know how hard you worked and how much you sacrificed to make it to this day

他们不会知道,为了这一天你付出了多少努力和汗水。

the countless hours you spent studying to get this diploma,

他们不会懂得,为了获得这个文凭,你花了多少时间学习。

the multiple jobs you worked to pay for school, the times you had to drive home and take care of your grandma,

为了交学费,你做了多少兼职工作,有多少次,你不得不开车回家去照顾奶奶。

the evenings you gave up to volunteer at a food bank or organize a campus fundraiser.

你放弃了多少晚上休息的时间,去做食品库的志愿者或是志愿组织校园募捐。

They don't know that part of you.

他们不了解你的那一面。

米歇尔·奥巴马2015塔斯基吉大学毕业演讲。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

《米歇尔·奥巴马2015塔斯基吉大学毕业演讲(11)》

点赞

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据