TED演讲:用建筑来获得疗愈(3)

"Where are the architects?" Paul said.

“建筑师在哪儿呢?”Paul说道。

If hospitals are making people sicker,

如果一个医院令人们生病,

where are the architects and designers to help us build and design hospitals that allow us to heal?

那么帮助建筑和设计那些可以让人痊愈的医院的设计师和建筑师又在哪儿呢?

That following summer, I was in the back of a Land Rover with a few classmates,

那个接下来的暑期,我和几个同学一起开着路虎,

bumping over the mountainous hillside of Rwanda.

在卢旺达的山岭间穿越颠簸。

For the next year, I'd be living in Butaro in this old guesthouse, which was a jail after the genocide.

因为来年,我将居住在Butaro这所老客房内,这是种族屠杀后的一座监狱。

I was there to design and build a new type of hospital with Dr. Farmer and his team.

我在那里与Farmer医生和他的团队,一起设计和建造一种新型的医院。

If hallways are making patients sicker,

如果大厅会使病人病情加重,

what if we could design a hospital that flips the hallways on the outside, and makes people walk in the exterior?

那么我们能够设计一种医院可以把大厅向露天敞开,使人们在外面走动吗?

If mechanical systems rarely work, what if we could design a hospital

如果机械系统不工作,那么我们是否可以设计一种医院,

that could breathe through natural ventilation, and meanwhile reduce its environmental footprint?

能通过自然通风而呼吸,同时减少它的环境足迹?

And what about the patients' experience?

还有病人的体验将会怎样呢?

Evidence shows that a simple view of nature can radically improve health outcomes.

证据显示简单的自然景象,能够从根本上提高总体健康。

So why couldn't we design a hospital where every patient had a window with a view?

所以为什么我们不能设计一种医院,使每位病人有一面窗户?

Simple, site-specific designs can make a hospital that heals.

简单、特定的设计能建造一个治愈的医院。

Designing it is one thing; getting it built, we learned, is quite another.

设计是一件事,建造它是另一件事。

建筑远远不止是砖头的巧妙安放。在这次演讲中,迈克尔·墨菲显示了他和他的团队如何别具慧眼地看待他们在设计时的蓝图。从气流的因素到光线的考虑,他们全方位地寻求打造社区以及(美观的)建筑物的方法。他带领我们走进一个个项目的旅途,从卢旺达到海地等国,并揭示了正在进行的,雄心勃勃的为建立纪念和平和正义的纪念馆的计划,他希望能在美国南部治愈心灵。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据