TED演讲:如何开启开源想象力(3)
So let’s look at what happens when you make a tool that anybody can just pick up and build something quickly,
让我们看看一些实例,有了这样一个工具,任何人都可以在它的帮助下很快制作想要的东西,
so one of the examples that I like to sort of kick off this discussion is this example of this cat feeder.
先看第一个例子,这是一个给猫咪喂食的容器。
The gentleman who made this project had two cats.
这个设计的主人有两只猫。
One was sick and the other one was healthy, so he had to make sure they ate the proper food.
其中有一只生病了,所以他必须让它们分开吃东西。
So he made this thing that recognizes the cat from a chip mounted inside on the collar of the cat,
于是他设计了这个装置,通过猫咪项圈内安装的芯片识别猫咪身份,
and opens the door and the cat can eat the food.
然后开门让猫咪吃东西。
This is made by recycling an old CD player that you can get from an old computer,
这个装置使用了一张用过的CD播放器,从一台旧电脑拆下来的,
some cardboard, tape, couple of sensors, a few blinking LEDs, and then suddenly you have a tool.
还有一些纸板、胶带、几个传感器和闪烁的LED显示屏,就制作好了这样一个工具。
You build something that you cannot find on the market.
一个市场上买不到的东西。
And I like this phrase: “Scratch your own itch.”
有句话说的好:“挠自己的痒”。
If you have an idea, you just go and you make it.
如果有自己的想法,就得动手去实现。
This is the equivalent of sketching on paper done with electronics.
这就像在纸上画画一样,只不过是用电子装置完成的。
So one of the features that I think is important about our work is that our hardware,
这个项目很重要的一个特点在于硬件,
on top of being made with love in Italy — as you can see from the back of the circuit — is that it’s open,
当然首先是意大利倾情制造的,从电路的背面可以看到,更重要的是它是开源的,
so we publish all the design files for the circuit online,
我们把所有的设计文件都发布在网上,
so you can download it and you can actually use it to make something, or to modify, to learn.
任何人都可以下载,在指引下进行制作或者改装,学习。
You know, when I was learning about programming,
我当初学习编程的时候,
I learned by looking at other people’s code, or looking at other people’s circuits in magazines.
就是通过看其他人的代码学习的,或看其他人发表在杂志上的电路图。
And this is a good way to learn, by looking at other people’s work.
通过看其他人的作品来学习,这是一种很好的学习方式。
So the different elements of the project are all open, so the hardware is released with a Creative Commons license.
这个项目的各个组件都是开源的,比如硬件就是在“知识共享许可协议”下公开发布的。
So, you know, I like this idea that hardware becomes like a piece of culture that you share and you build upon,
我喜欢这种理念,把硬件作为文化的一部分供大家分享和使用,
like it was a song or a poem with Creative Commons.
就像歌曲或诗歌一样,只不过拥有“知识共享”认证。
Or, the software is GPL, so it’s open-source as well.
另外,软件通过“通用公共许可”发布,也是开源的。
The documentation and the hands-on teaching methodology is also open-source and released as the Creative Commons.
各种文件和动手教学资源都是开源的,遵循“知识共享许可协议”。
Just the name is protected so that we can make sure that we can tell people what is Arduino and what isn’t.
这个协议只对项目的名称起保护作用,便于我们能告诉大家Arduino到底是什么。
Massimo Banzi和其他人一起发明了Arduino,这是一个体积很小且使用方便的开源微控制器。这让世界各地成千上万的人能够制作各种各样有个性的东西——从玩具到卫星装置。因为,正如他所说:“你不需要任何人的允许就可以去做很棒的东西。”