TED演讲:网络暴力的失控(11)

So the other night — yesterday — we were at dinner, and there were two discussions going on.

昨晚我们一起吃饭时,有两个讨论在同时进行。

On one side you were talking with people around the table — and that was a nice, constructive discussion.

一个发生在你和同桌其他人之间–这个讨论气氛良好、很有建设性。

On the other, every time you turned to your phone, there is this deluge of insults. Yeah.

另一个讨论发生在你的手机里,满眼污言秽语。没错。

This happened last night. We had like a TED dinner last night.

这事儿发生在昨晚的TED晚宴上。

We were chatting and it was lovely and nice, and I decided to check Twitter.

我们在聊天,气氛融洽,然后我就去查看推特。

Somebody said, “You are a white supremacist.”

有人说:“你是个白人至上者。”

And then I went back and had a nice conversation with somebody,

然后我回到餐桌,和某人愉快地交谈了一会儿,

and then I went back to Twitter, somebody said my very existence made the world a worse place.

再次打开推特,又有人说我的存在让这个世界变得更糟糕了。

My friend Adam Curtis says that maybe the Internet is like a John Carpenter movie from the 1980s,

我朋友亚当·柯蒂斯说也许网络就像80年代约翰·卡彭特的电影,

when eventually everyone will start screaming at each other and shooting each other,

最终人人都声嘶力竭地开始对骂,掏出枪来开始对射,

and then eventually everybody would flee to somewhere safer,

直到最后人人都逃去一个更安全的地方,

and I’m starting to think of that as a really nice option. Jon, thank you. Thank you, Bruno.

我在想那的确是一个不错的选择。乔恩,谢谢你。谢谢你,布鲁诺。

Jon Ronson通过贾斯汀·萨科在推特上发布的一条被认为带有种族歧视主义的玩笑而掀起的轩然大波的事件,阐述了当今网络上网路暴力现象的严重性,以及对人造成的伤害。“滥用权力”这个词不应是我们在网络上肆无忌惮谴责别人时用来挡身的防具,我们也不应该成反过来为“滥用权力”的人。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据