蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲(1)

Hello GW. Thank you very much President Knapp for that kind intro.

乔治华盛顿的同学们你们好。非常感谢克纳普校长的热情介绍。

Alex, trustees, faculty and deans of the university, my fellow honorees, and especially you the class of 2015. Yes.

感谢亚历克斯、理事会、全体教员和院长、我的宾客们,尤其是你们,2015届的毕业生们。是的。

Congratulations to you, to your family, to your friends that are attending today’s ceremony. You made it.

祝贺你,你的家人,你的朋友以及今天参加仪式的诸位。

It’s a privilege, a rare privilege of a lifetime to be with you today.

你们做到了。今天能与你们共享这个时刻是我生平罕见的荣幸。

And I think thank you enough for making me an honorary Colonial.

非常感谢你们赋予我此项殊荣。

Before I begin today, they asked me to make a standard announcement.

在我开始之前,他们要求我做一个标准的公告。

You’ve heard this before. About silencing your phones.

是你之前听过的。把手机调成静音。

Those of you with an iPhone, just place it in silent mode.

所以,有iPhone的人请把手机调到静音模式。

If you don’t have an iPhone, please pass it to the center aisle.

没有iPhone的请把手机传到中间的过道。

Apple has a world-class recycling program.

苹果有着世界先进的回收系统。

You know, this is really an amazing place.

你知道的,这里真是个神奇的地方。

And for a lot of you, I’m sure that being here in Washington,

对在座诸位中的大多数人来说,我敢肯定华盛顿,

the very center of our democracy, was a big draw when you were choosing which school to go to.

我们的民主的中心,是吸引你择校的很大一个原因。

This place has a powerful pull.

这个地方有着强大的吸引力。

It was here that Dr. Martin Luther King challenged Americans to make real the promises of democracy,

正是在这里,马丁·路德·金博士挑战美国人以实现民主的承诺,

to make justice a reality for all of God’s children.

使公正在所有上帝之子身上兑现。

And it was here that President Ronald Reagan called on us to believe in ourselves

正是在这里,罗纳德·里根总统呼吁我们相信自己,

and to believe in our capacity to perform great deeds.

相信我们完成伟大创举的能力。

I’d like to start this morning by telling you about my first visit here.

我想以我第一次访问这里的经历为今天的开场。

苹果CEO库克华盛顿大学致2015毕业生演讲。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据