克里斯托弗·诺兰2015普林斯顿大学毕业演讲(3)
But we were ready to leave, we were ready to get out there.
但当时我们准备好离开了,我们准备好迈向新天地了。
And we felt very much as if we had accumulated this sort of whole wheel of Brie of knowledge.
我们觉得自己积累的全部知识,就像一整块布里奶酪一样。
Of course what I realize is actually a Swiss cheese, and those gaps in there are the point.
当然,我意识到那实际上是一块瑞士奶酪,里面的孔洞才是关键所在。
They’re the… they’re the important part.
它们是…它们是很重要的部分。
Because you’re gonna get out there and you’re gonna fill those gaps
因为你要走出去,要去填补那些孔洞,
that you don’t even know you have, the gaps in your knowledge.
你甚至都不知道在你的知识体系中有这些孔洞。
You’re going to fill them with experience, some of it marvelous, some of it terrible.
你要用你的经历去填补,有些是非凡的,有些则是可怕的。
And you’re going to learn that way.
你会通过这种方式来学习。
But what you have achieved here will see you through that.
但你们在这里所取得的成就将帮助你们度过难关。
What you’ve achieved here, you haven’t just learned a body of knowledge,
你们在这里所取得的成就,不仅仅是学习了大量的知识,
you’ve learned how to learn, you’ve learned the value of learning.
你还学会了如何学习,你还理解了学习的价值。
And I can say, in all honesty, 20 years on,
我可以坦诚地说,20年过去了,
I’m a much better student now than I was when I was at college.
我现在是一个比我在大学时要好得多的学生。
And I think the same will be true for most of you and true.
我想对你们大多数人来说,这也会是一样的。
You’ll carry on learning, you’ll carrying on expanding.
你们会继续学习,你们会继续探索。
And most importantly, some of those gaps will be filled with the most precious thing of all,
最重要的是,其中一些孔洞将被最宝贵的东西填补,
which is new thought, new ideas, things that are going to change the world.
那就是新的想法、新的点子,它们可以改变这个世界。