TED演讲:达顿解释达尔文主义的美的理论(1)

Delighted to be here and to talk to you about a subject dear to my heart, which is beauty.

很高兴来到这里与大家探讨我至为关心的一个主题,那就是“美”。

I do the philosophy of art, aesthetics, actually, for a living.

我研究艺术与审美哲学,事实上,这是我的工作。

I try to figure out intellectually, philosophically, psychologically, what the experience of beauty is,

我想在理性,哲学以及心理学的层面上理解,“美”的体验究竟是什么,

what sensibly can be said about it and how people go off the rails in trying to understand it.

哪些感知是能被描述出来的以及人们在尝试理解它的过程中犯了什么错误。

Now this is an extremely complicated subject, in part because the things that we call beautiful are so different.

这是个很复杂的问题,部分原因是因为我们认为“美”的事物是如此的不同。

I mean just think of the sheer variety — a baby's face, Berlioz's "Harold in Italy,"

想象下这高度的多元性婴儿的脸蛋,柏辽兹所作的“哈罗德在意大利”,

movies like "The Wizard of Oz" or the plays of Chekhov, a central California landscape,

像“绿野仙踪”这样的影片,或是契诃夫的戏剧,加利福尼亚中部的风景,

a Hokusai view of Mt. Fuji, "Der Rosenkavalier,"

北斋眼中的富士山,“玫瑰骑士”,

a stunning match-winning goal in a World Cup soccer match, Van Gogh's "Starry Night,"

世界杯足球赛中的一场漂亮的决胜赛,梵高的“星空”,

a Jane Austen novel, Fred Astaire dancing across the screen.

一部简·奥斯丁的小说,弗雷德·阿斯泰尔在舞台上起舞。

This brief list includes human beings, natural landforms, works of art and skilled human actions.

这一简单的列表中包含了人类自身,自然景观,艺术作品和专业活动。

An account that explains the presence of beauty in everything on this list is not going to be easy.

很难用一个解释就说清楚所有这些事物中所存在的“美”。

好的设计看起来棒极了,是的—但它为什么不能同时也是手感好极了,闻起来香极了,听起来舒服极了呢?设计师Jinsop Lee (TED Talent Search 获奖者)用一个简单好用的图形和几个例子分享他的五感设计理论。他希望:激发你去注意伟大的多感体验。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据