TED演讲:编织我的梦(4)

And I wrote a book about her and I illustrated it and the things Ruby taught me go like this.

我为她写了一本书,并加以说明Ruby教会了我的东西。

Ruby taught me that you’re not supposed to be afraid of the bugs under your bed.

Ruby教会了我不要害怕床下的那些虫子。

And even the biggest of the problems are a group of tiny problems stuck together.

还有,即使再大的问题,也是由众多小问题构成的罢了。

And Ruby also introduced me to her friends, the colorful side of the Internet culture.

Ruby还向我引荐了她的朋友们,也就是网络文化多彩的一面。

She has friends like the Snow Leopard, who is beautiful but doesn’t want to play with the other kids.

比如雪豹,它很漂亮,但不喜欢和别的小朋友玩。

And she has friends like the green robots that are really friendly but super messy.

还有绿色机器人,也是Ruby的朋友,十分友好,却很散乱。

And she has friends like Linux the penguin who’s really ruthlessly efficient, but somewhat hard to understand.

她还有朋友,比如Linux企鹅,十分冷酷高效,却有些难搞。

And idealistic foxes, and so on.

还有理想主义的狐狸等等。

In Ruby’s world, you learn technology through play.

在Ruby的世界,你通过玩来学习科技。

And, for instance, computers are really good at repeating stuff, so the way Ruby would teach loops goes like this.

比如,电脑十分擅长做重复工作,因此Ruby会教我这样用循环。

This is Ruby’s favorite dance move, it goes, “Clap, clap, stomp, stomp clap, clap and jump.”

这是Ruby最喜欢的舞蹈动作,像这样:“拍,拍,踏,踏,拍,拍,跳”。

And you learn counter loops by repeating that four times.

这样重复了四遍,你就学会了counter循环。

And you learn while loops by repeating that sequence while I’m standing on one leg.

同样,当我一只脚站立,重复这个排列时,你又学会了while循环。

And you learn until loops by repeating that sequence until mom gets really mad.

而当你一直重复这个排列,直到惹怒了老妈,你就知道什么是until循环了。

And most of all, you learn that there are no ready answers.

最主要的是,你明白了,没有现成答案。

本次TED演讲者Linda Liukas女士的从小的梦想就是能筑造自己的梦想世界。她期待能早上在姆明谷醒来,下午在塔图因星球漫步,夜晚在纳尼亚进入梦乡。而帮她达成这一梦想的方法就是电脑编程,这一很多人认为是晦涩难懂,枯燥乏味,而且男人主导的学科。这次她将和大家分享她是如何从中获得无限乐趣,又是如何从小孩的视角获得了各式的启发,并呼吁更多的孩子们一同来快乐的学习,天马行空的改造明日世界!

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据