TED演讲:网络暴力的失控(9)

Maybe there's two types of people in the world:

也许这世界有两种人:

those people who favor humans over ideology, and those people who favor ideology over humans.

一种人相信人性高于意识形态,一种人相信意识形态高于人性。

I favor humans over ideology, but right now, the ideologues are winning,

我属于前者,但眼下,后者正占据上风,

and they're creating a stage for constant artificial high dramas

这些人正在搭建一个舞台,不停上演一出大戏,

where everybody's either a magnificent hero or a sickening villain,

戏里的人不是威猛英雄,就是猥琐坏人,

even though we know that's not true about our fellow humans.

即使大家都明白其实人不是这样的。

What's true is that we are clever and stupid; what's true is that we're grey areas.

真实的现实是我们既聪明又愚蠢;真实的现实是我们都处于灰色地带。

The great thing about social media was how it gave a voice to voiceless people,

社交媒体的好处是它能为无处发声的人提供一个发言的平台,

but we're now creating a surveillance society, where the smartest way to survive is to go back to being voiceless.

而现在呢,我们搞出了个间谍社会,要想生存就得噤若寒蝉。

Let's not do that. Thank you.

让我们改变这种局面吧。谢谢大家。

Jon Ronson通过贾斯汀·萨科在推特上发布的一条被认为带有种族歧视主义的玩笑而掀起的轩然大波的事件,阐述了当今网络上网路暴力现象的严重性,以及对人造成的伤害。“滥用权力”这个词不应是我们在网络上肆无忌惮谴责别人时用来挡身的防具,我们也不应该成反过来为“滥用权力”的人。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据