TED演讲:如何构建对我们有利的人工智能(1)
I work on helping computers communicate about the world around us.
我致力于协助电脑和我们周围世界的沟通。
There are a lot of ways to do this, and I like to focus on helping computers to talk about what they see and understand.
是有很多方法可以做到这一点,我喜欢专注于协助电脑去谈论它们看到和理解的内容。
Given a scene like this, a modern computer-vision algorithm can tell you that there’s a woman and there’s a dog.
鉴于这样的情景,一个现代的计算机视觉演算法,可以告诉你,有一个女人,还有一只狗。
It can tell you that the woman is smiling.
它可以告诉你,那个女人在微笑。
It might even be able to tell you that the dog is incredibly cute.
它甚至可以告诉你,这只狗非常可爱。
I work on this problem thinking about how humans understand and process the world.
我处理这个问题,思考人类如何理解和与世界共处。
The thoughts, memories and stories that a scene like this might evoke for humans.
那些思想、记忆和故事,在这样的场景中,可能会唤起人类的注意。
All the interconnections of related situations.
所有关连情况的相互联系。
Maybe you’ve seen a dog like this one before, or you’ve spent time running on a beach like this one,
也许你以前见过这样的狗,或者你曾经花时间,在这样的沙滩上跑步,
and that further evokes thoughts and memories of a past vacation,
并进一步唤起过去假期的记忆和想法,
past times to the beach, times spent running around with other dogs.
以前去海滩的时候,花在与其他狗儿跑来跑去的时间。
One of my guiding principles is that by helping computers to understand what it’s like to have these experiences,
我的指导原则之一,是通过帮助电脑了解这是什么样的经历,
to understand what we share and believe and feel,
从而了解我们所相信的和感受的共通点,
then we’re in a great position to start evolving computer technology in a way that’s complementary with our own experiences.
那么我们就有能力开始不断发展计算机技术,以一种与我们经验互补的方式。
作为谷歌的研究科学家,玛格丽特·米切尔帮助开发电脑,它们能够沟通所看到和理解的事情。她警示,如今我们潜意识地将差距,盲点和偏见编码到人工智能中——我们应该考虑今天创造的技术对未来意味着什么。米切尔说:“我们现在所看到的是人工智能进化过程中的一个快照。如果我们希望人工智能以一种帮助人类的方式发展,那么我们需要定义目标和策略,来开通这这条路径。”