TED演讲:我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识(4)

See, I knew nothing about being a stay-at-home parent, and once I embraced the fact that I knew nothing,

所以说,我对做全职育儿一无所知,而一旦我接受了一无所知这个事实,

I began to learn from my new managers.

我开始从新的领导那里学习。

And I always was told that as a stay-at-home parent, you get no sleep.

我总是被告知做一个全职奶爸,你连觉都没得睡。

Or as a parent in general, you get no sleep.

就算一般的父母,你也不能睡个好觉。

But that’s not true, because if you sleep when they do, you actually can get some sleep.

但并不是那样,因为你可以在他们睡着时候睡觉,所以你实际上还是能睡会的。

You know what else I thought as a stay-at-home parent?

你们知道还有什么全职奶爸的体会吗?

I though I knew that the best way to teach kids right from wrong was to discipline them,

我本以为教他们是非对错的最佳方式是给他们定规矩,

because that would make sure they understood right from wrong, the pain, the fear — that would teach them.

因为规矩可以让他们理解对错,知道疼了就会害怕–下次就老实了。

But the truth is, the best way to teach my children right from wrong is to teach them.

但真相是,教他们对错最好的办法是去引导他们。

Take out a whiteboard and draw pictures and make connections that they can understand.

拿出小白板画一些图并且做连线游戏这样他们就明白了。

That was the best way. A lot of these images you’re seeing are coming from my YouTube channel, “Beleaf in Fatherhood.”

这是最好的方式。你们刚才看到很多场景来自我的YouTube频道,“父亲之信仰”。

I document the misadventures of being a stay-at-home dad.

我记录下做一个全职奶爸的遭遇。

And it’s not perfect, it’s just showing that I’m trying.

一点也不完美,只是说明我在努力尝试。

And I’m not trying to be an example but just proof that it’s possible for whoever else is doing this.

我并不想要做一个模范,只是想证明其它人也可以做到。

You know what I also knew about being a stay-at-home parent?

你们知道做一个全职奶爸我还有什么体会?

I knew that children needed love, but I just didn’t know what love looked like.

我知道孩子们需要爱,但我只是不太懂该怎样爱。

作为谷歌的研究科学家,玛格丽特·米切尔帮助开发电脑,它们能够沟通所看到和理解的事情。她警示,如今我们潜意识地将差距,盲点和偏见编码到人工智能中——我们应该考虑今天创造的技术对未来意味着什么。米切尔说:“我们现在所看到的是人工智能进化过程中的一个快照。如果我们希望人工智能以一种帮助人类的方式发展,那么我们需要定义目标和策略,来开通这这条路径。”

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据