TED演讲:我们为什么会对机器人有感情(6)

And this turned out to be a little more dramatic than we expected it to be,

这个结果比我们想的要更有戏剧性,

because none of the participants would even so much as strike these baby dinosaur robots,

因为甚至没有一个参与者去攻击这些小恐龙机器人,

so we had to improvise a little, and at some point, we said,

所以我们得临时凑合一下,在某个时候,我们说,

“OK, you can save your team’s robot if you destroy another team’s robot.”

“好吧,你可以保住你们队的机器人,但前提是把其它队的机器人毁掉。”

And even that didn’t work. They couldn’t do it.

即便这样也没用,他们不愿意去做。

So finally, we said, “We’re going to destroy all of the robots unless someone takes a hatchet to one of them.”

所以最后,我们说,“我们将要毁掉所有的机器人,除非有人拿短柄斧砍掉它们中的一个。”

And this guy stood up, and he took the hatchet, and the whole room winced as he brought the hatchet down on the robot’s neck,

有个人站了起来,他拿起斧头,当他把斧头砍到机器人的脖子上时,整个房间的人都缩了回去,

and there was this half-joking, half-serious moment of silence in the room for this fallen robot.

房间中出现了一个为这个倒下的机器人半玩笑半严肃的沉默时刻。

So that was a really interesting experience.

那真是一个有趣的体验。

Now, it wasn’t a controlled study, obviously,

它不是一个对照实验,显然不是,

but it did lead to some later research that I did at MIT with Palash Nandy and Cynthia Breazeal,

但这引发了我后来在麻省理工跟帕拉什·南迪和辛西娅·布雷西亚尔做的研究,

where we had people come into the lab and smash these HEXBUGs that move around in a really lifelike way, like insects.

我们让来到实验室的人们打碎这些像活生生的昆虫那样移动的遥控电子甲虫。

So instead of choosing something cute that people are drawn to, we chose something more basic,

与选择人们喜欢的可爱东西相比,我们选择了一些更基本的东西,

and what we found was that high-empathy people would hesitate more to hit the HEXBUGS.

我们发现富有同情心的人们在击碎这些机器昆虫时要更加犹豫。

机器人伦理学家凯特·达林指出,我们还远无法开发出有感情的机器人,但我们已经对机器人产生了感觉,而这种本能会导致一些后果。通过这个演讲来一起了解我们在生物学上是如何将意图和生命投射到机器上的——以及机器人如何帮助我们更好地了解自己。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据