TED演讲:我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识(1)

Alright, I want to tell you how I got my superpowers through fatherhood.

好了,我来分享一下我如何通过父亲的角色获得超能力的。

I was working a job I hated, OK?

我曾经从事一份并不喜欢的工作。

And I don't know if anyone here ever worked a job they hated.

我不知道在座各位有没有做过自己讨厌的工作。

Has anyone here ever worked a job they hated?

有人讨厌自己做过的工作吗?

OK, good, because I'm not alone and I have something to confess; I don't want you guys to judge me.

好,不错,看来我并不孤单,我有些事需要坦白;我不要你们来评判我。

This feels like a safe space, is it a safe space? Yes.

这里感觉还算安全,这是一个安全的地方吧?是啊。

OK, I was working the job I hated, my manager and I were not getting along.

好吧,我曾经讨厌我的工作,我和我的领导合不来。

I was sitting in my car, looking in the rearview mirror,

当时我坐在车里,看着后视镜,

trying to figure out which friend I could call to call in a bomb threat, so I didn't have to go back in the building.

想着能打电话给哪个哥们帮我打一个炸弹恐吓电话,这样我就不用再回到办公楼里了。

OK, this was having a lot of issues for me,

确实,我有很多问题,

I was having a lot of issues at my job and I'd come home every day from work and my wife would ask me the same question.

在工作上遇到了大麻烦,以至于每天我下班回家我老婆都会问我同样的问题。

And when you hate your job, this is the worst question anyone could ask you.

如果你讨厌自己的工作,这就是任何人都会问的最糟糕的问题。

She'd say, "Hey babe, how was your day?"

她说,“嗨,宝贝,今天过的怎么样?”

And I'd say, "Why you bringing up old stuff?"

然后我说,“你怎么老是旧事重提?”

I just left it, I don't want to think about that place again.

我刚回家,我不愿再想工作的地方。

See, we were spending about 40 percent of my income on childcare.

我们差不多花费我收入的百分之四十用于育儿。

We had one child. And we were pregnant with our second child.

我们有一个孩子。并怀着第二个孩子。

And we were trying to figure out how we were going to fix this whole thing of this money situation,

所以我们必须要想一想如何解决将要面对的经济上的所有问题,

and she said, "Hey, babe, I've got a great idea." I said, "What's up?"

我老婆说,“嗨,宝贝,我有一个好主意。”我说,“什么主意?”

She said, "I think you'd be a great stay-at-home dad."

她说,“我觉得你可以做一个很棒的全职奶爸。”

I was like, "Why would you say something like that?"

我说,“你怎么会这么说呢?”

She said, "Because babies like you." I was like, "No, they don't."

她说,“因为小孩子喜欢你。”我说,“不,他们不喜欢。”

She was like, "No, they do like you.

她说,“不,他们喜欢。

And I think it would be great for our children to see what love looks like, coming from a father." I was like, OK.

我觉得这是个好主意,让我们的孩子感受到来自爸爸的关爱。”我说,好吧。

作为谷歌的研究科学家,玛格丽特·米切尔帮助开发电脑,它们能够沟通所看到和理解的事情。她警示,如今我们潜意识地将差距,盲点和偏见编码到人工智能中——我们应该考虑今天创造的技术对未来意味着什么。米切尔说:“我们现在所看到的是人工智能进化过程中的一个快照。如果我们希望人工智能以一种帮助人类的方式发展,那么我们需要定义目标和策略,来开通这这条路径。”

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据