名人演讲 :美国总统川普首次国情咨文演讲(22)

Last month, I also took an action endorsed unanimously by the U.S. Senate just months before.

上个月,我采取了参议院就在几个月前全体同意的法案:

I recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

我承认耶路撒冷为以色列首都。

Shortly afterwards, dozens of countries voted in the United Nations General Assembly against America's sovereign right to make this decision.

不久后,几十个国家在联合国安理会投票反对美国作出承认的神圣权利。

In 2016, American taxpayers generously sent those same countries more than $20 billion in aid.

2016年,美国纳税人给这些国家大方地投入了二百多亿美元的援助。

That is why tonight I am asking Congress to pass legislation

这也是为何今晚,我要求国会通过立法,

to help ensure American foreign assistance dollars always serve American interests and only go to friends of America, not enemies of America.

确保美国外国援助总能符合美国利益,只给美国的朋友,而非敌人。

As we strengthen friendships all around the world, we are also restoring clarity about our adversaries.

我们在世界各地巩固友谊的同时,也开始重新正视我们的对手。

When the people of Iran rose up against the crimes of their corrupt dictatorship, I did not stay silent.

当伊朗人民站起来反对腐败的独裁政府的罪行时,我没有保持沉默。

America stands with the people of Iran in their courageous struggle for freedom.

美国和伊朗人民站在一起,支持他们勇敢地为自由而斗争。

I am asking Congress to address the fundamental flaws in the terrible Iran nuclear deal.

我也要求国会解决糟糕的伊朗核协议中的根本缺陷。

My administration has also imposed tough sanctions on the communist and socialist dictatorships in Cuba and Venezuela.

我的政府还对古巴和委内瑞拉的共产主义和社会主义独裁政权施加强硬的制裁。

But no regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship in North Korea.

但没有哪个政权像残酷的朝鲜独裁者一样如此残暴地压迫本国公民。

North Korea's reckless pursuit of nuclear missiles could very soon threaten our homeland.

朝鲜不顾一切地谋求核导弹很快就会威胁到我们的国土。

We are waging a campaign of maximum pressure to prevent that from ever happening.

为了防止这件事发生,我们要发起一场运动,施加最大的压力。

NSDA认证项目/全国英语演讲大赛/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn
微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据