TED演讲:哪个国家对世界最有益(9)
Now that’s the Good Country Index. What’s it there for?
这就是好国家指数。它有什么目的?
Well, it’s there really because I want to try to introduce this word, or reintroduce this word, into the discourse.
它存在的目的是因为我想尝试,想介绍这个词,或重新介绍这个词,在我们的语境中。
I’ve had enough hearing about competitive countries.
我已经听够了有竞争力的国家。
I’ve had enough hearing about prosperous, wealthy, fast-growing countries.
我听够了繁荣、富有、发展迅速的国家。
I’ve even had enough hearing about happy countries because in the end that’s still selfish.
我甚至听够了快乐的国家,因为说到底这都是自私的。
That’s still about us, and if we carry on thinking about us, we are in deep, deep trouble.
都是关乎我们自己。如果我们继续地考虑自己,我们就有大麻烦了。
I think we all know what it is that we want to hear about.
我想我们都知道我们想听到什么。
We want to hear about good countries, and so I want to ask you all a favor. I’m not asking a lot.
我们想听到关于好国家,所以我想请求你一件事。我所要求的不多。
It’s something that you might find easy to do and you might even find enjoyable and even helpful to do,
对你来说可能很容易,你可能也会觉得做这件事很高兴,甚至很有帮助,
and that’s simply to start using the word “good” in this context.
那就是在这个大环境中单纯地开始使用“好”这个词。
When you think about your own country, when you think about other people’s countries,
当你想到你自己的国家,当你想到其他人的国家,
when you think about companies, when you talk about the world that we live in today,
当你想到公司,当你谈论我们如今所居住的世界,
start using that word in the way that I’ve talked about this evening.
开始用这个词,而且是用我们今晚谈论的方式使用。
Not good, the opposite of bad, because that’s an argument that never finishes.
不是“坏”的反义词“好”,因为这是一个永无完结的争论。
Good, the opposite of selfish, good being a country that thinks about all of us.
是“自私”的反义词“好”,好的意思是这个国家为所有人考虑。
全球化带来了一个意料之外的副作用:那些曾经只是地方性的问题–比如说,一家银行超额放贷–如今产生了影响全世界的后果。但每个国家仍然像唯一的星球一样独立运作。政策顾问Simon Anholt让政府开始向外考虑的空前设想:好国家指数。在这场精彩又幽默的演讲,他解答了“那个国家做的益事最多?”这个问题,结果可能出你所料(尤其是如果你住在美国或中国)。