TED演讲之败中求胜 解读羞耻(2)

And she goes, “Uh… no.”

然后她说:“呃,不记得。”

Of course, the only thing I could say at that point was, “Yeah, me neither. Yeah — me neither.”

所以当然了,我也只能说:“哦,我也是…我也是。”

And I’m thinking to myself, “Brené, what are you doing? Why did you bring this up?

然后我对自己说:“布琳,你在干什么?你在干吗呢?你怎么会提这个?

Have you lost your mind? Your sisters would be perfect for this.”

你昏了头了吗? 你的姐妹这方面是很完美的。”

So I looked back up and she said, “Are you really going to try to break in and steal the video before they put it on YouTube?”

我回过神来,于是她说: “你不会是真的想撬门进去,在他们上传到YouTube之前,把视频偷出来吧?”

And I said, “I’m just thinking about it a little bit.”

我说:“我就是想了一小下。”

She said, “You’re like the worst vulnerability role model ever.”

她说:“你就是史上最糟糕的脆弱者榜样。”

Then I looked at her and I said something that at the time felt a little dramatic, but ended up being more prophetic than dramatic.

然后我看着她说了一些,当时看有点戏剧性,现在看更像是预言的话。

I said, “If 500 turns into 1,000 or 2,000, my life is over.”

如果500变成1000或者2000,我就死定了。

I had no contingency plan for four million.

我压根就没想过四百万点击率是什么情况。

And my life did end when that happened.

于是我的生活真的完了。

And maybe the hardest part about my life ending is that I learned something hard about myself,

而或许其中最困难的,就是我发现了自身纠结的那一部分,

and that was that, as much as I would be frustrated about not being able to get my work out to the world,

那就是:一方面我会因为无法把我的工作成果展现给公众而失落,

there was a part of me that was working very hard to engineer staying small, staying right under the radar.

而另一方面我又非常努力想做到不引人注目,隐藏在公众的视线之下。

But I want to talk about what I’ve learned.

但是我想讲一下我所学到的。

There’s two things that I’ve learned in the last year.

在过去的一年我学到两件事。

演讲简介:羞耻感是一种不可言说的流行病,是许多支离破碎的行为背后的秘密。在早先关于脆弱的演讲得到病毒式的传播之后,布琳.布朗继续探寻当人们与羞耻感狭路相逢时会发生什么。言语间闪耀着她特有的幽默、人文关怀以及脆弱。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据