TED演讲之败中求胜 解读羞耻(3)

The first is: vulnerability is not weakness.

第一件事,脆弱不是弱点。

And that myth is profoundly dangerous.

并且这种错误理解非常危险。

Let me ask you honestly — and I’ll give you this warning, I’m trained as a therapist, so I can out-wait you uncomfortably

我想诚恳地请问大家 — 先给个提醒,作为一个受过专业训练的治疗师,我知道你们会感觉不太自在

— so if you could just raise your hand that would be awesome

— 所以你们只要举手就很好了

— how many of you honestly, when you’re thinking about doing or saying something vulnerable think, “God, vulnerability is weakness.”

— 坦诚地讲有多少人, 当你们想到做一些脆弱的事或说一些脆弱的话的时候,会觉得:天啊,脆弱就是软弱,这就是软弱?

How many of you think of vulnerability and weakness synonymously?

有多少人认为脆弱和软弱是一回事?

The majority of people. Now let me ask you this question:

大部分人。现在我们这样来问:

This past week at TED, how many of you, when you saw vulnerability up here, thought it was pure courage?

在TED刚过去的这周,有多少人,当你们看到(我在这儿讲)脆弱的时候,认为那是纯粹的勇气?

Vulnerability is not weakness. I define vulnerability as emotional risk, exposure, uncertainty.

脆弱不是软弱。我把脆弱定义为:情感的风险、流露,以及不确定性。

It fuels our daily lives. And I’ve come to the belief — this is my 12th year doing this research

它驱动我们的日常生活。并且我已经达成了这样一种信念 — 我已经研究这个课题12年了

— that vulnerability is our most accurate measurement of courage — to be vulnerable, to let ourselves be seen, to be honest.

— 那就是,脆弱是对我们的勇气最精确的衡量 — 保留脆弱,开放自我,保持真诚。

One of the weird things that’s happened is, after the TED explosion, I got a lot of offers to speak all over the country

有个奇怪的事就是 在TED这个演讲轰动之后, 我收到全国各地的很多邀请

— everyone from schools and parent meetings to Fortune 500 companies.

— 从学校家长会 到世界500强的公司。

And so many of the calls went like this, “Dr. Brown, we loved your TED talk.

很多电话都是这样的: “嗨,布朗博士,我们喜欢您的TED演讲。

We’d like you to come in and speak. We’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t mention vulnerability or shame.”

我们想邀请您来讲一讲。 但有一件事 希望您不要提到脆弱或者羞耻。”

演讲简介:羞耻感是一种不可言说的流行病,是许多支离破碎的行为背后的秘密。在早先关于脆弱的演讲得到病毒式的传播之后,布琳.布朗继续探寻当人们与羞耻感狭路相逢时会发生什么。言语间闪耀着她特有的幽默、人文关怀以及脆弱。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据