TED演讲:我那曝光政府腐败的战斗(5)
WordPress数据库错误: [Got error 28 from storage engine]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, yarpp.score
FROM wp_posts join wp_yarpp_related_cache as yarpp on wp_posts.ID = yarpp.ID
WHERE 1=1 AND yarpp.score >= 1 and yarpp.reference_ID = 91306 AND wp_posts.post_type = 'post'
ORDER BY score DESC, wp_posts.ID ASC
limit 10
In our day, we have digitization. That strips all the physical mass out of information,
现在我们有了数据电子化。这把信息从成堆成堆的状况下解救出来,
so now it’s almost zero cost to copy and share information.
所以现在拷贝分享信息已近乎零花费。
Our printing press is the Internet. Our coffee houses are social networks.
我们的“出版社”就是网络。我们的“咖啡屋”就是社交网络。
We’re moving to what I would think of as a fully connected system,
我认为,我们已经进入完全连接的世界,
and we have global decisions to make in this system, decisions about climate, about finance systems, about resources.
我们可以在这个世界做出全球化的决定,做出关于气候、金融系统以及资源分配的决定。
And think about it — if we want to make an important decision about buying a house, we don’t just go off.
想想吧,如果我们做买房子这样重要的决定,我们不是立即就做决定。
I mean, I don’t know about you, but I want to see a lot of houses before I put that much money into it.
虽然我不知道你们会不会,但在投入大量资金之前我还想多看些房子。
And if we’re thinking about a finance system, we need a lot of information to take in.
如果我们在考虑金融方面的问题,我们也需要很多信息。
It’s just not possible for one person to take in the amount, the volume of information, and analyze it to make good decisions.
如果只让一个人了解很多信息,再分析信息作出决定,是不现实的。
So that’s why we’re seeing increasingly this demand for access to information.
因此,对获取信息的要求才越来越多。
That’s why we’re starting to see more disclosure laws come out,
所以我们才有了那么多的公开法出现,
so for example, on the environment, there’s the Aarhus Convention,
比如,在环境方面有《阿尔胡斯公约》
which is a European directive that gives people a very strong right to know,
这个欧洲的指令给力人们巨大的信息权,
so if your water company is dumping water into your river, sewage water into your river, you have a right to know about it.
如果你的自来水公司倒污水到河里,你有权利知道。
In the finance industry, you now have more of a right to know about what’s going on,
在金融业,你有更多权利知道业界进展,
so we have different anti-bribery laws, money regulations,
有反贿赂法规,金钱规章,
increased corporate disclosure, so you can now track assets across borders.
逐渐增加的公司透明法规,所以现在你可以跨国查看财产了。
And it’s getting harder to hide assets, tax avoidance, pay inequality. So that’s great.
而私藏财产,逃税,区别薪酬是越来越难了。这当然很好。
We’re starting to find out more and more about these systems.
我们开始发现这个系统里面的更多信息。
记者希瑟·布鲁克说,我们的领导人应当是可靠的。布鲁克揭露了英国国会财政支出,从而引发了2009年一起重要的政治丑闻。她强烈要求我们通过诸如信息寻求自由之类的平台来向领导人发问,并且最终得到答案。