TED演讲之入门 我们需要谈谈不公(12)

A couple months went by, and I had just forgotten all about it.

几个月过去了,我全忘了有这么回事。

And I finally decided, oh gosh, I've got to go to the court and do this crazy case.

最后我决定,天哪,我得上庭去做这个案子。

And I got into my car and I was feeling really overwhelmed — overwhelmed.

我跳上车,觉得很紧张–非常紧张。

And I got in my car and I went to this courthouse.

我上车开到法庭。

And I was thinking, this is going to be so difficult, so painful.

我在想,这将会是场硬仗,会很痛苦。

And I finally got out of the car and I started walking up to the courthouse.

最后我终于钻出车子,开始往法庭走。

And as I was walking up the steps of this courthouse, there was an older black man who was the janitor in this courthouse.

当我上台阶时,有个上了年纪的黑人老伯,他是法院的清洁工。

When this man saw me, he came over to me and he said, "Who are you?"

他看见我,跑过来问:“你是谁?”

I said, "I'm a lawyer." He said, "You're a lawyer?" I said, "Yes, sir."

我说:“我是律师。”他说:“你,是律师?”我说:“是的。先生。”

And this man came over to me and he hugged me. And he whispered in my ear.

这个老伯凑过来,给了我一个拥抱。他在我耳边低语。

He said, "I'm so proud of you." And I have to tell you, it was energizing.

他说:“我真为你骄傲。”我得和大家承认,这可给了我一针强心剂。

It connected deeply with something in me about identity,

他的话提醒了我心深处我的自我定位,

about the capacity of every person to contribute to a community, to a perspective that is hopeful.

提醒了我每个人都应该对社会,对更好的前景做出的贡献。

演讲简介

在这个演讲里,人权律师布莱恩·史蒂文森通过讲述他与其外婆以及与帕克斯夫人之间的故事,告诉了大家一些美国司法系统中的骇人真相。演讲从讲述大规模的的种族不平等待遇开始:三分之一美国黑人男性有被监禁的经历。这些问题源于美国一段不被重视的历史,它们从未像今天这样被坦诚地,有洞察力地和有说服力地公开讨论过。

NSDA“SDcamps”全国英语演讲/美式辩论赛 诚招省市合作伙伴

NSDA认证项目SDcamps全国英语演讲大赛(大学组)/SDcamps全国中小学生英语演讲大会(中小学及幼儿组)/美式辩论赛(以下简称大赛/大会)现诚招部分省市合作伙伴或城市合伙人,共同进行推广NSDA赛事品牌、举办赛事及培训活动等多方面合作。

我们希望认同NSDA理念,有赛事组织经验,或有教育资源,特别是有理想有热情的机构或个人一起携手,共同推广NSDA赛事。以机构的形式,或以城市合伙人的方式均可。
具体的赛事组织、盈利模式,欢迎电话或微信咨询。

详情咨询:
赛事科技 陈老师:1369315零贰88/010-62701156;Email:xuhl@sdcamps.cn

微信:0012133598196

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据